Is it worth being a PT Superviser?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Like what? Example?
Like driving package car or feeders. I realize that's not the path you plan on taking.

I'm just informing you many college graduates decide to do it because they can make more money driving. By the time you would become a driver many would be making 100k+.

PT Car Washer

Like driving package car or feeders. I realize that's not the path you plan on taking.

I'm just informing you many college graduates decide to do it because they can make more money driving. By the time you would become a driver many would be making 100k+.
Making 100k being a delivery driver at UPS means working a lot of hours after the 4 year progression. If it was that great why is every other driver jumping on the 9.5 list to reduce their income and spend more time with their family. I agree being a UPS delivery driver can be a very lucrative job, but only as long as you stay healthy and don't have to many crashes. Other wise you may be 45 years old looking for another job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Making 100k being a delivery driver at UPS means working a lot of hours after the 4 year progression. If it was that great why is every other driver jumping on the 9.5 list to reduce their income and spend more time with their family. I agree being a UPS delivery driver can be a very lucrative job, but only as long as you stay healthy and don't have to many crashes. Other wise you may be 45 years old looking for another job.
Oh I know. Just saying what it COULD be. Plus almost all feeders make 6 figures. Also the op is 18. Three years before he can drive. 4 year,progression. That is 7 years down the road and we will likely be $39/40 an hour then.

Just having some fun with numbers now. $40 an hour x 40 hours $1600. $60x7=$420. $2020x52=$105,040

Personally I don't feel like 7 hours of OT is all that terrible 6-10 is about where I like to sit most weeks. And I think a lot of drivers myself included are on the 9.5 list because it feels like if you aren't you're just throwing away money. If they keep me under awesome. If not show me the money.

AndUPSER

Try talking to supervisors on other sorts about double shifting. While 3 months is not a lot of time, most PTers have a 2nd job, or don't want the extra hours. That's what I do and I make pretty good money.

About 35-37 hours a week usually for me and that overtime adds up fast with 10-12 hours each week. OT here is anything after 5, but it varies by area if you double shift.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I would recommend not doing it. It is literally the worst job at UPS. You are going to do it anyways though just like everyone else I warn. Just because you get to wear a polo and khakis. You are going to be at the bottom of the totem pole. They are going to treat you terribly. Honestly if you just stay an hourly you will have a lot less stress, and a lot more freedom than you would if you are a part time sup. They literally take anyone that will do it, so it's not like they hand selected you because you are special. You might not want to stay for long at UPS but what if a sweet job spot opens up later on, and you could have done that, but you blew it because you are a part time supervisor.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...r-part-time-supervisors.356637/#ixzz33vimdqcm

I would recommend not doing it. It is literally the worst job at UPS. You are going to do it anyways though just like everyone else I warn. Just because you get to wear a polo and khakis. You are going to be at the bottom of the totem pole. They are going to treat you terribly. Honestly if you just stay an hourly you will have a lot less stress, and a lot more freedom than you would if you are a part time sup. They literally take anyone that will do it, so it's not like they hand selected you because you are special. You might not want to stay for long at UPS but what if a sweet job spot opens up later on, and you could have done that, but you blew it because you are a part time supervisor.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...r-part-time-supervisors.356637/#ixzz33vimdqcm
Today I was talking to my supervisor if he regrets it and he said that at first he did but now he doesn't. He said the job is easy and as long as you don't do anything unethical there's very little chance of getting fired. I have seen many lazy supervisors and they haven't gotten fired. Plus my supervisor gets more money for school. And he told me it looks good on a resume.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can you give me more information on that?

Why don't you get a second pt job? I am doing two part time jobs - about 48 hours a week total of working, plus I go to school full time. I can tell you that I make more money weekly than 90 percent of the pt sups in my building (both shifts), and have MUCH better benefits than 100 percent of them. I could have become a pt supervisor already if I had ever wanted to. But staying an hourly keeps your options open wider than being a pt sup. 1 1/2 years more then I'm eligible to become a driver. The way they are hiring drivers off the street in my area, there is a guarantee that I'll become a driver before I'm 23.