use me abuse me slap me around
pay me the dough I deliver the town
don't need no love don't need no foreplay
I'm selling my soul for delivery pay
And then one day my knees started to wear
shoulder gone , ligaments started to tear
old and decrepit my body too sore
how did i end up being the brown whore.

Dude thats the best poem ever!! You are getting some Rep for that.

You confuse "negative" with "critical".

Just because someone disagrees with UPS corporate policy, or calls attention to flaws and problems, does not mean they are "negative".

Sober, You need to go into mgmt and give the company a breath of fresh air. You say you want what is best for UPS...maybe this is it.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
woe is me and me is woe
treated like a three dollar hoe
I think I'm hurting feeling the pain
200 stops over 95 again
I blame the corporation feeling so low
blame the ties who now wear polo's.
I remember back to when this job seemed so cool
when i signed up for prostitute school
give it to me baby i said with glee
I'll do what you want I want the money.
use me abuse me slap me around
pay me the dough I deliver the town
don't need no love don't need no foreplay
I'm selling my soul for delivery pay
And then one day my knees started to wear
shoulder gone , ligaments started to tear
old and decrepit my body too sore
how did i end up being the brown whore.

Your verse in Iambic Tetrameter a classic that should be posted @ every center Dan Keating would be proud and say
"And when you marched o'er Irish Hills,
To fight the forces of the crown,
You won the battle of the wills,
And struck the foeman down-
your are the wind that shakes the barley"

unconquered,unconquerable, and unrepentant !

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Unfortunately the current hostile work environment has turned many people into disgruntled employees. Many who used to go above and beyond their job descriptions to try to help UPS function daily will no longer do anything more than their job. UPS upper management has implemented these hurtful policies in the false belief that it will help their corporation stay as profitable as before. They couldn't be more wrong. These policies will hurt UPS for decades, as workers will be hard pressed to forgive and forget. An operation that is run FUBAR daily with all its associated problems will only function even worse without our willful help.

Thats probably why there hasnt been an ERI survey in 2 or 3 years....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Many who used to go above and beyond their job descriptions to try to help UPS function daily will no longer do anything more than their job.

This has been noticed big-time in interactions with other management people by myself and by other old-timers.

Not so much as people not doing their jobs but not doing anything extra.
I believe most of it is due to "doing more with less" and everyone just having more responsbility.
Some of it is the increased intolerance for "mistakes" - the best way to not make mistakes is to not make any decisions. I think this is driving the perception of front-line management "not taking more initiative".
And some is probably due to disillusionment and bitterness as you suggest.

Just my opinion from the middle of the machine.

SWORDFISH

This has been noticed big-time in interactions with other management people by myself and by other old-timers.

I believe most of it is due to "doing more with less" and everyone just having more responsbility.
Some of it is the increased intolerance for "mistakes" - the best way to not make mistakes is to not make any decisions. I think this is driving the perception of front-line management "not taking more initiative".

+ 1

Coldworld

60 months and counting

From what I understand ups call centers have been flooded with very poor comments from customers on the state of this company in the last year or two, probably some of it because of management decisions that have directly influenced customers. Does corporate management see what happens at the lower levels, or with customers mad as hell about something? Why would ups want to piss off folks who are going above and beyond??? Help people understand this! You seem to be near the mindcenter of ups, why would this be going on?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Help people understand this! You seem to be near the mindcenter of ups, why would this be going on?

Your perception of my position is not correct. Geographic proximity to the "mindcenter of UPS" (whatever that is) does not mean access or insight.
I have worked around many of the people who influence these macro-level decisions and they are all good, competent people.
The decisions you are referring to are made at the behest of the Board of Directors to position UPS to be strong moving into the future, which is what they should do.
No one makes decisions to deliberately demotivate people - it is the old law of unintended consequences kicking in.

KingofBrown

Completely right.

Unfortunately the current hostile work environment has turned many people into disgruntled employees. Many who used to go above and beyond their job descriptions to try to help UPS function daily will no longer do anything more than their job. UPS upper management has implemented these hurtful policies in the false belief that it will help their corporation stay as profitable as before. They couldn't be more wrong. These policies will hurt UPS for decades, as workers will be hard pressed to forgive and forget. An operation that is run FUBAR daily with all its associated problems will only function even worse without our willful help.