is management "encouraged" to give to upspac????

tieguy

Banned
We recieve information, we are asked to review it. we are asked to let them know when we have completed the process of reviewing the information. yes we are strongly encouraged to give.

The process itself allows confidentiality at our level. We make our decision online. we can choose not to give. I have never heard of anyones boss knowing if we gave or not.

Mick32

We recieve information, we are asked to review it. we are asked to let them know when we have completed the process of reviewing the information. yes we are strongly encouraged to give.

The process itself allows confidentiality at our level. We make our decision online. we can choose not to give. I have never heard of anyones boss knowing if we gave or not.

This year was the first time I can remember when we were asked to sign a paper saying whether we participated or not.

hitman15

Yes. All management is encouraged to give. I have had division managers use it to determine who in the department was promoted. I saw this first hand.

ups1990

Politicians love this PAC money. With so many other special interest groups lobbying Congress, UPS also needs to be a strong player in the process.

tieguy

Banned
This year was the first time I can remember when we were asked to sign a paper saying whether we participated or not.

the paper should be to to indicate that you have gone online and made a decision whether to give or not. They have a process where they want to make sure everyone has the "opportunity" to give with out knowing whether you gave or not . the paper does that.

In the old days you turned in a sealed envelope that may say you were giving or say you were not giving. The boss never knew if you gave or not only that you returned a sealed envelope.

Regardless the money does help fund our political action committee which is fighting to win favorable legislation that may benifit all of us.

tieguy

Banned
Yes. All management is encouraged to give. I have had division managers use it to determine who in the department was promoted. I saw this first hand.

first hand? you were sitting in the peoples meeting when the divison manager announced he was not promoting certain people who did not give to upspac?

first hand? Perhaps you were sitting in the divison managers office when he was having a confidential conversation with HR and the district manager about promotions?

first hand? you saw a list sent from corporate that told the divison manager who gave?

Please elaborate on how you had this "first hand" information as a preload supervisor that left in disgrace?

UPSSOCKS

You would think that the TEAMSTERS would encourage members to give, considering it would benefit the TEAMSTERS as much if not more than UPS. If the RLA passes the teamsters would gain more than UPS.

tieguy

Banned
yep. Would the teamsters negotiate contracts differently if they knew a loss of ups jobs would mean more fdx jobs that they also controlled? meanwhile the best thing the teamsters can do to fix some of their mismanaged pension funds is to add more contributors to those plans.

browned out

They put a lot of pressure on drivers to give to the United Way.

Think of UPS's priorities and imagine how much pressure they put on management to give to the cause which really has the most impact on UPS bottom line. I would speculate that managements' participation in the UPS political action committee is between 99 and 100%. Those that fall in the under allowed below 100% range are least best and more than likely are no longer employed by Big Brown.

tieguy

Banned
They put a lot of pressure on drivers to give to the United Way.

Think of UPS's priorities and imagine how much pressure they put on management to give to the cause which really has the most impact on UPS bottom line. I would speculate that managements' participation in the UPS political action committee is between 99 and 100%. Those that fall in the under allowed below 100% range are least best and more than likely are no longer employed by Big Brown.

we were the best district one year at 80 percent. with united way you hand your boss a slip that tells him what you're giving. with upspac the boss does not see what you are giving.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
No pressure. It's completely voluntary. If you don'friend give you might end up on the preload, and you might get demoted, and you might get less of a raise, though. They know what the participation is by department/division.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
They do. Via the Drive campaign. Reps from the National visit each local twice a year and encourage everyone to give via payroll deduction. I've been a contributer for 3 years. Anything to keep every job in the republic from being out-sourced.
You would think that the TEAMSTERS would encourage members to give, considering it would benefit the TEAMSTERS as much if not more than UPS. If the RLA passes the teamsters would gain more than UPS.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They do. Via the Drive campaign. Reps from the National visit each local twice a year and encourage everyone to give via payroll deduction. I've been a contributer for 3 years. Anything to keep every job in the republic from being out-sourced.

We had folks from Drive at my center a few years ago. They had about as much class as a used car salesman. I wouldn't have given those clowns a dime.