Is my Local 705 in the affected CSPF Reduction?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PT's in L705 are in the UPS Pension plan.
He's a lucky bastard then.

My Local is 728 and I knew P/T use to be in the Teamster's Plan.
It's great the Teamsters never gobbled this up.
pkl62 - Check on the number of of Full-time equivalent years you get for each P.T year.
The 1976 contract gave P/T a full year friend/T credit if they had seniority prior to contract start date.
I got a full 6 years of Full-time credit for 6 years of part time work (granted I would work 2 and 3 shifts unless I had a big test ... On Fridays, I was known to work 4 shifts on occasion.)

Last edited:

Inthegame

He's a lucky bastard then.

That's my Local and I knew P/T use to be in the Teamster's Plan.
It's great the Teamsters never gobbled this up.
pkl62 - Check on the number of of Full-time equivalent years you get for each P.T year.
The 1976 contract gave P/T a full year friend/T credit if they had seniority prior to contract start date.
I got a full 6 years of Full-time credit for 6 years of part time work (granted I would work 2 and 3 shifts unless I had a big test ... On Fridays, I was known to work 4 shifts on occasion.)
"I got a full 6 years of Full-time credit for 6 years of part time work..." Hmmm, maybe that practice wasn't in the best interest of that plan, causing stresses that lead to todays shortfalls.
Anywho, I based my answer on the 2008-2013 L705 CBA. I'm unaware of when pt's went into the UPS plan.
So you really think he possibly started prior to 1976? Lot's of 40 yr pt's in L705 these days?
BTW, did you work at Jeff st?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"I got a full 6 years of Full-time credit for 6 years of part time work..." Hmmm, maybe that practice wasn't in the best interest of that plan, causing stresses that lead to todays shortfalls.
Anywho, I based my answer on the 2008-2013 L705 CBA. I'm unaware of when pt's went into the UPS plan.
So you really think he possibly started prior to 1976? Lot's of 40 yr pt's in L705 these days?
BTW, did you work at Jeff st?
Sorry.
I was in Local 728 out of Atlanta.
Been to Jeff St a few times ... scary place, even inside the UPS fence.
Pallatin was my favorite Chicago hub.
It had the newest technology and a great feeder on yard layout.