Is my package lost?

sillyup10

Hello,

Well early morning saturday , my package arrived at a city 30 miles away from mines. So, today my package is suppose to be delivered. However it did not change into the out for delivery status.

Is it lost?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

If it's a residential stop, it could be delivered until 8-9pm depending on how late the driver is out there.

call 1-800-pick-ups, 833 9943, dial ZERO for an operator (hit it 2-3 times at the prompt, keep hitting ) then ask the operator for the status.

drewed

Shankman
But it is a time delivery... its suppose to be delivered today.... Maybe they just didnt scan it?

Well lets see the tracking number and one of maybe able to figure out what happend, :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: happens when you deliver 12mil packages a day, there are a 100 things that could go wrong

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
silly

as a general rule, it is not a good idea to post personal info on this site. and a tracking number will contain some personal info you might not want out.

better pm one of the more trusted mods with that info, and they can help

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's make it easier-- just have him post the service code from the tracking number (digits 9 and 10) so that we can see what level of service his pkg was sent by.

drewed

Shankman
Oh, however its been in the same place for about 2 days now.... is that common?

like i said its sitting in the back of a trailer there, just because its there doesnt mean the volume is "hot" (needs to sent out ASAP) since im guessing it showed it showing up on friday? all the air volume needed to be sent out first, then the trailers that came in on thursday, then your trailer will be ran,
ground is 3-5 business days so if you ordered it on wednesday last week, it was picked up on thursday, so we have till this thursday to get it to you, give it a day or two before you start worrying

sillyup10

I'm glad somebody pointed out the obvious. We don't deliver Ground on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. He should have got it today. If he didn't, then it probably has a bad address.
It says "On-Time" for a delivery today. Though it never got the "Out for Delivery" status.

LiL"Comet"

This is a Classic when customers call...."Hi my name is (whatever) can you tell me where my pkgs is?? No my crystal ball is a little foggy today. I worked as a OMS for 7 yrs dealing w/ cust's everyday and there questions they would call in and ask we want even talk about the a__ chewings i had to take after a drvr just drove through there flowers they spent all spring planting and watering and weeding and you see where i'm going with this... Some of them I would want to say something back ssooooooo bad! But I would be good, on rare occasion i would say something i shouldn't have i suffer from FIM DECEASE (foot-n-mouth) It was handed down by my dad. You wouldn't believe some of the things people will actually say, oh yeah you would you may have heard them yourselves..

Anyway sorry i got on that tirade no offense to u by the way, a lot of things could have happened to your pkg. Could have gotten all the right scans on it and be on another dvrs truck as a mis-load etc. Best thing call 800 Pick UPS give track # they can send mess to local center handling your pkg and call you w/ an update

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
He is probably a college kid on my route that didnt properly identify which dorm he stays in. So I tried looking up his info in a directory which he wasn't in. So the clerk has probaby been calling him all day to get his correct address. Then he probably didnt answer his cell phone so now they are either going to send him a post card via usps or return to sender.....blah blah blah.........Put your correct address on the package along with the correct zip..........(tired and aggravated):biting:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

This is a Classic when customers call...."Hi my name is (whatever) can you tell me where my pkgs is?? No my crystal ball is a little foggy today. I worked as a OMS for 7 yrs dealing w/ cust's everyday and there questions they would call in and ask we want even talk about the a__ chewings i had to take after a drvr just drove through there flowers they spent all spring planting and watering and weeding and you see where i'm going with this... Some of them I would want to say something back ssooooooo bad! But I would be good, on rare occasion i would say something i shouldn't have i suffer from FIM DECEASE (foot-n-mouth) It was handed down by my dad. You wouldn't believe some of the things people will actually say, oh yeah you would you may have heard them yourselves..

Anyway sorry i got on that tirade no offense to u by the way, a lot of things could have happened to your pkg. Could have gotten all the right scans on it and be on another dvrs truck as a mis-load etc. Best thing call 800 Pick UPS give track # they can send mess to local center handling your pkg and call you w/ an update

that's exactly what I said, without the life story. =/

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It says "On-Time" for a delivery today. Though it never got the "Out for Delivery" status.

Did you get your package?

I have seen where the OFD scan wasn't on a package yet the driver made service.

Also, it's possible the scans at the hubs that the package moved through were not physical scans but logical. If you talked to a customer rep, ask them if the scans were logical or physical... you want to know where the packages IS, not it's planned delivery date.

Hopefully you called the 1-800 service and talked to someone. They can enter data into the UPS private tracking system to send fax messages to your local center and perhaps the center that allegedly has your package ( assuming they have it), to get the ball rolling on service.