Is Obama a Narcissist?

tieguy

Banned
Interesting reading by an expert on the subject:

http://www.globalpolitician.com/25109-barack-obama-elections

some quotes:

The narcissist:

* Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments, talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of lying, demands to be recognised as superior without commensurate achievements);

* Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

* Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);

* Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation – or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (Narcissistic Supply);

* Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her unreasonable expectations for special and favourable priority treatment;

* Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;

* Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;"

Look familiar?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Good point.
All this time I thought that he had just a big ego.
Like the time he told congress, " I won ".
Or the fact that he made up the " Office of the President-Elect ".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The narcissist:
* Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments, talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of lying, demands to be recognised as superior without commensurate achievements);
* Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;
* Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);
* Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation – or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (Narcissistic Supply);
* Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her unreasonable expectations for special and favourable priority treatment;
* Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;
* Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;"
Look familiar?

Yes, it does look familiar ... Describes every National Politician I've ever seen.
I guess your point is that he is a Politician ... I think we already knew that.

Sammie

some quotes:

The narcissist:

Look familiar?

I believe so. How many people write memoirs before they turn 45? What special wisdom did he have at 34? Is a memoir not a recount of special highlights and moments as one looks back on life accomplishments? Did he feel he had so much success by then? Well, if he didn't then, he does now.

Time for another book, a guaranteed best seller with characters George Soros, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Louis Farrakhan, the Chicago Mafia, Mayor Daly and Rod Blagojevich entitled Murphy's Law meets the Peter Principal.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

some quotes:

The narcissist:

Look familiar?
Heh, I actually agree with with Hoax's assessment, but in reading through your list the one person I kept thinking of was Rush Limbaugh.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Both of my daughters were married to Narcissists. Hated 'em both. Obnoxious things !! Just like B. Hussein .

moreluck

golden ticket member
FRom Dr. Vaknin.....

Subject: Barack. a narcissist ??

Dr. Vaknin States "I must confess I was impressed by Sen.Barack Obama from the first time I saw him. At first I was excited to see a black candidate. He looked youthful, spoke well, appeared to be confident - a wholesome presidential package. I was put off soon, not just because of his shallowness but also because there was an air of haughtiness in his demeanor that was unsettling. His posture and his body language were louder than his empty words. Obama's speeches are unlike any political speech we have heard in American history. Never a politician in this land had such quasi "religious" impact on so many people. The fact that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment, makes this inexplicable infatuation alarming. Obama is not an ordinary man. He is not a genius. In fact he is quite ignorant on most important subjects."

Barack Obama is a narcissist.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
FRom Dr. Vaknin.....

Subject: Barack. a narcissist ??

Dr. Vaknin States "I must confess I was impressed by Sen.Barack Obama from the first time I saw him. At first I was excited to see a black candidate. He looked youthful, spoke well, appeared to be confident - a wholesome presidential package. I was put off soon, not just because of his shallowness but also because there was an air of haughtiness in his demeanor that was unsettling. His posture and his body language were louder than his empty words. Obama's speeches are unlike any political speech we have heard in American history. Never a politician in this land had such quasi "religious" impact on so many people. The fact that Obama is a total incognito with zero accomplishment, makes this inexplicable infatuation alarming. Obama is not an ordinary man. He is not a genius. In fact he is quite ignorant on most important subjects."

Barack Obama is a narcissist.

"Dr Vaknin" did not write that stuff, it was actually written by Ali Sina.

av8torntn

Barack Obama - Narcissist or Merely Narcissistic?

Sam Vaknin, Ph.D. - 8/13/2008

Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist. Granted, only a qualified mental health diagnostician can determine whether someone suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and this, following lengthy tests and personal interviews. But, in the absence of access to Barack Obama, one has to rely on his overt performance and on testimonies by his closest, nearest and dearest.

Narcissistic leaders are nefarious and their effects pernicious. They are subtle, refined, socially-adept, manipulative, possessed of thespian skills, and convincing. Both types equally lack empathy and are ruthless and relentless or driven.

Perhaps it is time to require each candidate to high office in the USA to submit to a rigorous physical and mental checkup with the results made public.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Barack Obama - Narcissist or Merely Narcissistic?

Sam Vaknin, Ph.D. - 8/13/2008

Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist. Granted, only a qualified mental health diagnostician can determine whether someone suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and this, following lengthy tests and personal interviews. But, in the absence of access to Barack Obama, one has to rely on his overt performance and on testimonies by his closest, nearest and dearest.

Narcissistic leaders are nefarious and their effects pernicious. They are subtle, refined, socially-adept, manipulative, possessed of thespian skills, and convincing. Both types equally lack empathy and are ruthless and relentless or driven.

Perhaps it is time to require each candidate to high office in the USA to submit to a rigorous physical and mental checkup with the results made public.

I bolded the relevant portion. Here's the disclaimer that that "Dr" Vaknin has at the bottom of his page:
The author is NOT A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.

diesel96

Both of my daughters were married to Narcissists. Hated 'em both. Obnoxious things !! Just like B. Hussein .

Neither........ just bums who thought they were God's gift to women....idiots!!

"Mom" ?....Is that you....:wink2:

I believe so. How many people write memoirs before they turn 45? What special wisdom did he have at 34? Is a memoir not a recount of special highlights and moments as one looks back on life accomplishments? Did he feel he had so much success by then? Well, if he didn't then, he does now.

Time for another book, a guaranteed best seller with characters George Soros, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Louis Farrakhan, the Chicago Mafia, Mayor Daly and Rod Blagojevich entitled Murphy's Law meets the Peter Principal.

Wow, so the guy wrote some books about his life..... helped pay for his school loans as well....why are you angry about that?

"Dr Vaknin" did not write that stuff, it was actually written by Ali Sina.

Good interception Jones....but it's disturbing to see posters here promoting authors material comparing Hitler and Obama.