Is OUR job worth staying at ???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

21 years ago I would have recommended this job without hesitation--today I would not do the same. This job has allowed me to provide for my family, help put my children through college, will help me walk my daughter down the aisle next July and will provide a secure retirement. However, the "second grade" treatment that we all endure makes it hard to be enthused to go to work each day. Tooner described how her center wants her to put delivery notices on vehicles near her PC to alert them that she is parked nearby. Are they kidding with this crap?

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I slowly shake my head...no,no and no to another Stupid upper managers' idea that running around placing notes on parked cars even made it to policy.

21 years ago I would have recommended this job without hesitation--today I would not do the same. This job has allowed me to provide for my family, help put my children through college, will help me walk my daughter down the aisle next July and will provide a secure retirement. However, the "second grade" treatment that we all endure makes it hard to be enthused to go to work each day. Tooner described how her center wants her to put delivery notices on vehicles near her PC to alert them that she is parked nearby. Are they kidding with this crap?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's a nice paycheck, but that's all it is anymore. I'm sticking it out for the pension and when I leave I won't look back.

TheKid

Those of you with children will get this....the secret to UPs...." just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave "

rod

Retired 22 years
Those of you with children will get this....the secret to UPs...." just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave "

so will those of us with grandkids:happy2:

[video=youtube;f_B23QGCEmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_B23QGCEmA[/video]

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Cheer up bro, it's never too late to learn something new. The company might have broken your body, but your spirit should be forever your own to keep.

I agree with the other posters here about spirit. UPS will never break me mentally or spiritually because I know that's their goal. This is why they go away to their little management "school" every once in awhile, to learn how to be evil and deceitful. As for the physical part..I was broken after about year 12, I've just been struggling to make it ever since.

barnyard

KTM rider
I doubt there will be a pension when I get to retirement age. I am saving as if there will not be one. As soon as the house is paid off, I am done.

I drive a 22 year old truck without power steering and just a lap belt.

Going public was the worse thing UPS could have done.