Is Saturday air driver the best job at UPS?

sano

I am impatiently waiting for a full time driving job. You know the drill, 2 jobs besides preloading, always tired.

However, I have this feeling that someday when I look back on a UPS career, I may say that the Saturday air driving I am doing now, was as good as it got. No, its not good money (12.50 an hour) but, driving 70-90 miles to deliver 15-20 packages to 12-15 stops, all on a Saturday morning when traffic is at a minimum. Oh, and did I mention it is in a late model automatic package car with a peppy little turbo diesel?

If you know of a better job at brown, please speak up.

some1else

Banned
same but when you get top air rate and work a full 10-12 hour day? if i could work 7 "saturdays" a week i would EVERY week! lol i do miss it!

brownrodster

The best jobs, IMHO, are saturday air coupled with the shifter position. In my center that's about 35 hours per week at a little over 20$ an hour (Our shifters get utility driver wage which is about 21$). I would have never went FT If I could have done that. If I were still part time now thats what I would be doing but I couldn't pass up going FT in hopes of someday scoring those positions.

Overpaid Union Thug

I miss delivering EAMs/NDAs in the mornings and Picking up drop boxes in the afternoons. Saturdays were cool too. I didn't like being an air driver at first but once I got up to $20+/hr I couldn't get enough. Those jobs plus my local sort shift was easy money.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
are you crazy?

Working a Saturday is the worst no matter what job it is.

Heck, I always enjoyed it. (1988-2008).
Light traffic , great time to learn an new area.
Getting paid to drive around aimlessly.
Only one sup. around, sometime a clerk ran the show.
Lots of time to kill between my last delv and the first pu.
And I really miss not having my Mondays off.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Heck, I always enjoyed it. (1988-2008).
Light traffic , great time to learn an new area.
Getting paid to drive around aimlessly.
Only one sup. around, sometime a clerk ran the show.
Lots of time to kill between my last delv and the first pu.
And I really miss not having my Mondays off.

If you were M/friend you would get more money right? 4 more hours inside at 27 whatever you make. It is a trade off, if you like Saturdays anyway.

wrecker

+2

Especially those pampered prima dona`s that drive the "Big White Truck".

I dunno about that... Living in a truck for days at a time with a coworker and no showers... YUCK. :dead: I'd rather go home daily. Those tractors are pretty sweet, though.