• The sprinter is a woman

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The sprinter is a man

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
P

pickup

It's official - it's a boy !

Caster Semenya, the South African sprinter who won the women's 800-metre event at last month's track and field world championships in Berlin, is a hermaphrodite, according to several published reports.

According to the reports, the International Association of Athletics Federations was preparing to disqualify Semenya, 18, from future events after gender tests uncovered evidence that she has no womb or ovaries, and carries both male and female sexual organs. They will not, however, strip Semenya of the gold medal from Berlin.

Sources involved in the IAAF testing, which involved various scans, said Semenya was found to have internal testes and three times the amount of testosterone that a "normal" female would have.

The sport's governing body, which has not decided whether or not it will strip Semenya of her 800m world championships gold medal, will also advise the runner to seek immediate surgery, believing her condition poses significant health risks.

Short vid:
http://news.globaltv.com/video/index.html

It's not a boy and it's not a girl, it is a hermaphrodite and based on the info, she had no way of knowing. Feel sorry for her.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's not a boy and it's not a girl, it is a hermaphrodite and based on the info, she had no way of knowing. Feel sorry for her.

? If it's not a boy nor a girl, why do you call it a she? I believe the term you are looking for is Quasi-Modo.

From what I understand she technically is not a hermaphrodite (both sets of sex organs visually apparent), but rather what's termed inter-sex. Physically she appears outwardly female, but internally she lacks a womb and ovaries and also has internal testes. She's a girl because that's how she identifies, and I agree with pickup in feeling sorry for her, none of this her fault.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What a sad, disturbing and real condition.
I guess you could joke and say you got 2xs the chance to get lucky when you go out, but think about it. Very sad.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Nope, I'll give that a -1. She was hot before she let herself go all grey.
Now she looks just like her father.

jamie_lee_curtis_5134431.jpg

TonyCurtisheadshotcurrent.jpg