Is Solyndra Obama's Whitewater?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Solyndra CEO Resigns, Major Backer Delinquent on Taxes; Will Media Report?

Two more shoes dropped in the Solyndra scandal today, but it remains to be seen their sound will stir the sleepy liberal lapdog media. Solyndra CEO Brian Harrison resigned last Friday, the Associated Press reported early this afternoon.
Oh, and while the media of late have cheerleading the Democratic push for a new surtax on millionaires, don't expect the news media, particularly MSNBC, to note how a key Obama donor who pushed for the Solyndra loan has been delinquent on his federal taxes for years. As Washington Examiner's Mark Tapscott noted this morning:

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-sh...inquent-taxes-will-media-report#ixzz1ai2wX31z

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Uh oh!!!!

Treasury Department officials testified Friday that they've never in their careers seen the government handle a loan quite like the Energy Department handled the $528 million in taxpayer dollars that was lent to failed solar firm Solyndra.
At a tense hearing on Capitol Hill, two Treasury officials acknowledged that the government's restructuring of the loan earlier this year was unusual, if not unprecedented. Through that process, Solyndra investors, not taxpayers, were put at the front of the line for recovering money in case of bankruptcy.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...at-solyndra-loan-restructuring/#ixzz1ammrYa2Y

moreluck

golden ticket member
Uh oh!!!!

Treasury Department officials testified Friday that they've never in their careers seen the government handle a loan quite like the Energy Department handled the $528 million in taxpayer dollars that was lent to failed solar firm Solyndra.
At a tense hearing on Capitol Hill, two Treasury officials acknowledged that the government's restructuring of the loan earlier this year was unusual, if not unprecedented. Through that process, Solyndra investors, not taxpayers, were put at the front of the line for recovering money in case of bankruptcy.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...at-solyndra-loan-restructuring/#ixzz1ammrYa2Y
Making the taxpayers take the back seat sounds illegal!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Forbes) — The Fisker Karma electric car, developed mainly with your tax money so that a bunch of rich VC’s wouldn’t have to risk any real money, has rolled out with an nominal EPA MPGe of 52.
Not bad?
Unfortunately, it’s a sham.
This figure is calculated using the grossly flawed EPA process that substantially underestimates the amount of fossil fuels required to power the electric car, as I showed in great depth in an earlier Forbes.com article.
In short, the EPA methodology leaves out, among other things, the conversion efficiency in generating the electricity from fossil fuels in the first place.

In the Clinton administration, the Department of Energy (DOE) created a far superior well to wheels MPGe metric the honestly compares the typical fossil fuel use of an electric vs. gasoline car.
As I calculated in my earlier Forbes article, one needs to multiply the EPA MPGe by .365 to get a number that truly compares fossil fuel use of an electric car with a traditional gasoline engine car on an apples to apples basis.
In the case of the Fisker Karma, we get a true MPGe of 19.
This makes it worse than even the city rating of a Ford Explorer SUV.

Congrats to the Fisker Karma, which now joins corn ethanol in the ranks of heavily subsidized supposedly green technologies that are actually worse for the environment than current solutions.

(Forbes) — The Fisker Karma electric car, developed mainly with your tax money so that a bunch of rich VC’s wouldn’t have to risk any real money, has rolled out with an nominal EPA MPGe of 52.
Not bad?
Unfortunately, it’s a sham.
This figure is calculated using the grossly flawed EPA process that substantially underestimates the amount of fossil fuels required to power the electric car, as I showed in great depth in an earlier Forbes.com article.
In short, the EPA methodology leaves out, among other things, the conversion efficiency in generating the electricity from fossil fuels in the first place.

In the Clinton administration, the Department of Energy (DOE) created a far superior well to wheels MPGe metric the honestly compares the typical fossil fuel use of an electric vs. gasoline car.
As I calculated in my earlier Forbes article, one needs to multiply the EPA MPGe by .365 to get a number that truly compares fossil fuel use of an electric car with a traditional gasoline engine car on an apples to apples basis.
In the case of the Fisker Karma, we get a true MPGe of 19.
This makes it worse than even the city rating of a Ford Explorer SUV.

Congrats to the Fisker Karma, which now joins corn ethanol in the ranks of heavily subsidized supposedly green technologies that are actually worse for the environment than current solutions.
Now that you bring up the ethanol going into our fuel, there are hidden extra costs associated with that.
Corn Alcohol

Turns out that it isn't that good for our engines.

island1fox

Now that you bring up the ethanol going into our fuel, there are hidden extra costs associated with that.
Corn Alcohol

Turns out that it isn't that good for our engines.

trpinkl,
Very true. In small motors do not leave ethanol gasoline in them for over one month when not in use. Major repair bill will result from the corrusion.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Every time I finish using my outboard motor , I have to run it dry to remove all the gasoline in the fuel system/
Best thing one can do to keep it out of the shop.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(Politico) — Solyndra’s top executive strategized with the Obama administration in October 2010 as the California solar company prepared to shut down an older plant and lay off nearly 200 employees, new internal emails released Wednesday show.

CEO and President Brian Harrison flagged the company’s bad news to a top DOE loan guarantee official in an Oct. 25, 2010, email. The warning worked its way up the chain of command, ultimately reaching President Barack Obama’s top energy and climate adviser, Carol Browner.
“The reason for this note is to make you aware that Solyndra has received some press inquiries about rumors of problems (one of them with quite accurate information) and we have received in-bound calls from potential financial investors,” Harrison wrote to Frances Nwachuku, the director of the portfolio management at DOE. “Both of these data points indicate the story is starting to leak outside Solyndra.”

“It is our view inside Solyndra that while not desirable from DOE perspective we need to internally announce to employees and with one selected press member on Thursday of this week, October 28,” Harrison added. “It is our belief that is better for all parties to get in front of the story and control the messaging rather than get behind the story and on the defensive. So, I would like to go forward with the internal communication on Thursday, October 28. There will be no mention of the DOE.”