Is The Driving Test Administered Fairly

You've Got Mail

Why do they still administer the test in a standard vehicle? The new trucks these days are automatic. When I took a road test they actually made me wait until a stick was available. Maybe ween the standard vehicles out and do tests in automatic? But that would make sense which is strictly prohibited by UPS

There are still lots of manual trucks out there and UPS is too cheap to swap automatics into them or scrap them. Weening out people who can't operate a clutch also makes the hiring process easier as there are fewer qualified candidates.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ok, you blew it, and you got no one to blame but yourself.

My Pop back in the day made me learn to drive on a clutch. "Just in case, you better learn", he would say. You knew the test was coming. If it were me, I sure would have been driving something with a clutch to get ready.

Get something with a clutch and get ready to take the test again.

Pooter

I still don't get how people wait years to go FT and NOT learn to drive standard in the meantime.

Optional : do pull ups so you are ready for no power steering. :D

Pooter

We have no manual transmission package cars in our center.

I'm pretty sure OP is not from your center or anybody who will fail the standard driving test in the near future. :)

All it takes is asking any driver if they drive manuals to prepare
yourself for the test.

upschuck

The tester has a sheet that has different criteria that if you get too many marks on it, you fail. Also, if you stall in an intersection, or can't start going uphill without rolling backward, you will fail. These thing are done many times throughout the day, and need to be done flawlessly. Next time practice a bit before you test. They have a set course that they use, and some people have failed before getting out of the parking lot. Practice for the next time.

They are human, and therefore do not treat everybody equally, no matter how much they try.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If the OP had passed....would he still be questioning whether the test is administered fairly to all candidates? Oh wait, I failed? It's not my fault...the sup is out to get me and the test must be flawed! Wah.:runcirclsmiley2: