Is the name tag enforced anywhere?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We used this, and the language about aprons for part timers a while back for a real crap stain of a center manager. we literally threw the book at him and nit picked the hell out him, filing on everything we could right down to the poor water quality of the water fountains. It was an all out war.

A few of our on roads were around back then and they wear their ups IDs clipped to their belts loops kind of like a police detective would wear a badge. The newer on roads do not and pt sups don't ever but are easily IDd due to the deer in the headlight look.

It's just one of those things that don't matter where I am until you want to e a :censored2: nozzle of mgr. if you don't want to get along with us, then let's play ball. Tit for TAT

10 point

Probably because they didn't know your name.

"Hey you" works?

If you really want recognition tell them your first name is Osha and your last name is Agent.
Actually, the size of the facility demands recognition of supervision personnel in most cases even tho the contract reads that all supes must wear them... especially for security issues IMO.

I think most supes are not concerned about it because it isn't policed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yet people wonder why big business have/has a bad name.

Someone WAY above UpstateNYUPSer sat down at a table with someone WAY above frigidadcorrector.

There was an exchange of ideas and concerns. The two parties came to an agreement and presented the tentative contract to the membership to vote.

The contract passed.

Why does management feel the need to continually usurp even the simplest conditions in the agreed upon contract?

Yet people wonder........
They did not survey us first if we wanted to wear name tags.
They are a pain to remember to bring into work.
We lose them.
It falls between the sofa back and cushion.
It's in the other coat.

Tired of the Bee S

LOL right. Because my wearing a name tag is in the name of safety.

Tough to wear a name tag when I was never issued one.

Did you seriously not get what he meant? Management is ALWAYS walking around doing their DOK crap,yet, the package cars start up all at the same time with people in the building standing next to the exhaust pipes, there are egress issues all over the place, it's not physically possible to keep the belt on 100% of the time....there are all types of safety issues that management cares not about, unless of course an auditor is due.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The part time sups would have a big problem getting their name tags stuck as they are loading. Ripped shirts left and right!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Why does management feel the need to continually usurp even the simplest conditions in the agreed upon contract?
Not saying it's a good excuse. But the people who negotiated from the management side should spend a few days in operations. They don't understand what it's really like at this level.
Probably because they didn't know your name.
Probably because we are small and we all know each other's names.
And yet another management employee comes up with an excuse why he can't do something hmmmm quite the same old :censored2:z
It's a two way street. I can give you pages of excuses I've gotten from union members on why they can't do something..
anagement is ALWAYS walking around doing their DOK crap,yet, the package cars start up all at the same time with people in the building standing next to the exhaust pipes, there are egress issues all over the place, it's not physically possible to keep the belt on 100% of the time....there are all types of safety issues that management cares not about, unless of course an auditor is due.
Then talk to OSHA or someone at a higher level. They micromanage the hell out of us anyways, it isn't something we have the ability to just change.

Or just leave. It's not like it's a big secret how things are done.

UPSmechanicinblue

That is a great name tag. For me its not a big deal but to others maybe it is. Ill pick a bigger battle than a tag a dog is to ware. No one is going to go on strike over a name tag. Don't be silly guys.

Could you imagine being at a bigger center and hub and some suit tie guy asking you questions and giving you orders. How would you document who told you to do what etc?