Is the Orlando Hub closing?

Braveheart

I was told that Orlando was losing feeder runs to Jacksonville. Some may follow some will have to go to Orlando package.

I work in the orlando hub. We have lost some volume but we are all still working nobody has got laid of. Also Twilight is still there the only thing they did was cut there volume some and sent it to jax. We are still doing over a hundred thou mon-thursday friday is very slow with only around 80 thou. some truck drivers are back in the hub but not many. Orlando shutting down never. There is 2 hubs in orlando as some were wondering. There is a small hub in longwood which is about 30 min from the big hub by the airport. The longwood hub services some of orlando and seminole county and I believe all the way to Deltona not Daytona. The hiring process for longwood is frozen right now orlando still is hiring maybe around 4 a week if at that.

floridaupsguy

The only way Orlando could be closed is if the company was willing to add an extra day in transit to south Florida. The rail yard being next to the bldg is a non issue because it is being moved to Lakeland in about 2 years. If the company decides that they can afford to lose to FedEx in time in transit to south Florida, then the Orlando Hub has no chance of staying open.

wornoutupser

I have not heard about the rail yard moving to Lakeland. I wonder how UPS can justify the cost of that? I am not bashing this, it does not make sense to move the operation from the larger facility and the add runs from a smaller one.

rocket man

yes it closed fri july 24 th they sold property to fed x 600 employess out of work. all the the trucks were sent to califorina by transport trucks. there closing daytona next then i heard MIAMI they are thinking of not delivering in fl alll together.is the orlando hub closing/?GET REAL

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In California there was talk of closing buildings and combining many different opperations if the volume didnt improve. Apparently the volume improved cause none of the changes materialized. They were going to take volume from low performing buildings and move them to better performing buildings to better opptomize the workforce and available building capacity. In some biuldings where the economic conditions of the surounding areas along with the mass number of forclosures created an invironment that was on the verge of ghost towns where they delivered. I think that California will be hurting far longer then the rest of the country and will lag quite substantially in the economic recovery.