Is the union coming 2 a end?

I have recently been told with the upcoming technology "orion" being implemented plus with new diad boards 2 soon follow that will have turn by turn navigation that ups will try 2 bust the union? Word is they will be able 2 put 2.5 to 3 cars on road for every car on road now @ a much cheaper pay rate, 12-15$ a hour. Is this possible?

brownIEman

It is theoretically possible. It would however require a new contract negotiation and a general strike first. That could only happen in 5 years time, or unless the company goes into chapter 11 before then. In either scenario, the company that emerged from the ashes would be a sickly shadow of what UPS is now, and no one wants that, least of all the leaders at the board table. Theoretically possible, and massively unlikely.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have recently been told with the upcoming technology "orion" being implemented plus with new diad boards 2 soon follow that will have turn by turn navigation that ups will try 2 bust the union? Word is they will be able 2 put 2.5 to 3 cars on road for every car on road now @ a much cheaper pay rate, 12-15$ a hour. Is this possible?
And by the way Santa Claus is real there GULLABLE MCFLY lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Always a joke dude lol. Ya cant believe everything you hear at work that's all. I was just being funny dude that's all, not being a jerk or anything, its just you hear so much bs, hard to decipher whats real and whats not.

I cant fit the crap In my package car now! How can you get twice as muchin??

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This thread was a really sad trolling attempt or started by someone who is really really uninformed.

If you were a driver you'd know for yourself that Orion is a miserable failure that results in more resources expended and service failures. Even if you were not a driver, I don't see how it's possible not to know that anyway if you read this forum.

That being said, even if you could circumvent collective bargaining and somehow magically reduce pay, they wouldn't want to put 2-3 times the number of cars on the road. Everyone knows they try to run the least amount of routes possible to save money. Cheaper labor wouldn't make them want to be less efficient.

Bottom rung

Laughable at best. If the company were to get rid of the ibt and pay eighteen dollars an hour they would run out of people willing to be service providers in three months. It's the same problem we currently have with helpers.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Since the country is turning decidedly more Democrat by the day I'm going to go ahead and say no to the union going anywhere.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What they need is "bulk by bulk" turns in the DIAD. Orion only save a few miles at best and not much time when you figure in the "searching" factor.