Is the UPS dropoff boxes safe?

Abyss Impact

I want to put my dead Xbox 360 warranty box inside it with my package inside which is 8 pounds. I don't live near a UPS store, but close to a dropoff box. Is it safe to put my package there? With these high gas prices, I don't want to drive all the way there. Also, I don't want to spend extra money with calling the UPS truck to pick it up. Is the dropoff box safe? Or should I go the safe way and just drive the extra miles (12) to the UPS store. I just don't want my box to get lost.

drewed

Shankman
I want to put my dead Xbox 360 warranty box inside it with my package inside which is 8 pounds. I don't live near a UPS store, but close to a dropoff box. Is it safe to put my package there? With these high gas prices, I don't want to drive all the way there. Also, I don't want to spend extra money with calling the UPS truck to pick it up. Is the dropoff box safe? Or should I go the safe way and just drive the extra miles (12) to the UPS store. I just don't want my box to get lost.

My knowledge of drop boxes is limited, but in my exp theyre in well lit, public areas. Ive honestly never seen someone try to hit up a UPS drop box and only one USPS (guy didnt put a stamp on his mortgage payment! lol) sooo you should be fine people put much more expensive things in drop boxes then your xbox

ikoi62

i don't think that box will fit inside the letterbox.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
That box definetly is not fitting.When you hear or see the local UPS truck in your neighborhood flag him down and give it to him.

drewed

Shankman
umm it depends when it says the pick up is for that box? itll prolly get picked up this evening go out ground tomorrow to wherever 3 days to the microsoft repair place and so forth

Abyss Impact

umm it depends when it says the pick up is for that box? itll prolly get picked up this evening go out ground tomorrow to wherever 3 days to the microsoft repair place and so forth
What do I do if it keep saying "billing information received" for lets say... a week?

drewed

Shankman
well it hasnt been a week has it? calm down spanky
ummmm billing info recieved just means youre package was issued a tracking number and microsoft was billed, if it says that after a week it was never picked up and it never went on its way so then you call the 1800 number for UPS or give a kind hearted sup here the tracking number and see what they can come up with

Abyss Impact

Well, I've been posting it in present tense, but in reality, its past tense lol. I put it in the drop off box on Friday, and today (Tuesday), It stills says "Billing Information Received". Something I noticed when I put it in the drop off, When I put it in, it got locked. So I couldn't check if it went down completely. So I just left. I don't know if that have something to do with it. Sorry for the confusion :happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Xboxes I pick up all the time go to Texas to be fixed. They have a good turn around time, I think it is about a week. You have to be home to sign for it though, they come back as "Signature Required". I think that I have just about handled every Xbox on my area. If it is out of warranty, the owner has to pay $100 for repairs. Microsoft must be losing a lot over these things. BTW, I bought my son a Wii few weeks ago.

drewed

Shankman
No we're help, but the first post youre asking for course of action, when youve already taken your course of action; then you lied bout when you took the course of action. so yea have fun with that PEACE

Ms Spoken

At my drop box I have seen some customers leave the package inside with out it falling all the way to the bottom. This could turn out to be a "He said, driver said" kind of deals but, I dont think there is a driver out there that would steal a broken X-box so he/she could loose a high $$$ job. That driver could buy two new units with the money they make in a day. Give us your tracking number.

Abyss Impact

At my drop box I have seen some customers leave the package inside with out it falling all the way to the bottom. This could turn out to be a "He said, driver said" kind of deals but, I dont think there is a driver out there that would steal a broken X-box so he/she could loose a high $$$ job. That driver could buy two new units with the money they make in a day. Give us your tracking number.
I just checked and my Xbox is still there, stuck... Is there a way to get it out? The thing where you pull down to put your package in doesn't open. It opens slightly but not all the way. I'm going back there when a driver picks it up to ask if he can get it out. I tried putting a broom in to shove it down but it won't go down. Is there a way to open that?

thanks