Is the UPS dropoff boxes safe?

drewed

Shankman
I just checked and my Xbox is still there, stuck... Is there a way to get it out? The thing where you pull down to put your package in doesn't open. It opens slightly but not all the way. I'm going back there when a driver picks it up to ask if he can get it out. I tried putting a broom in to shove it down but it won't go down. Is there a way to open that?

thanks
umm no probablly not you hosed yourself, because more than likely your xbox has physical damage and itll probably void your warranty :) oh and you cant make a claim on it because you were negligent

drewed

Shankman
^^^ What do you mean? I don't want it, I want them to ship it off. Its stuck inside. And its in a box so how can it void warranty..
im reasonably sure if your xbox unit has physical damage on it, lets say from a drop box door or a broom handle itll void the warranty

Abyss Impact

You can't, its stuck. You can see it, lets say, as wide as the broom handle. I just can't pull it out. I'll tell the driver that picks it up tommarrow to see what he can do.

outamyway

It depends on what it's stuck on. If the slot it falls out of is too small then probably not. Hopefully he will be able to push it back up out of the outside opening. I haven't picked up one of those boxes since last Christmas so I don't remember the innards to well.

drewed

Shankman
Oh, I think the slots to fall down is too small. FFS. Can't they unscrew the thing lol.
you really are making yourself sound worse and worse, but umm most of the ones ive seen are welded so they dont have any screws to unscrew....and if memory serves some of them are considered private property due to them being owned by a ups store or what not, so tearing it apart probally not the best of ideas

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't picked up a Letter Box in years, but from what I remember, I don't think one of these white Xbox boxes would of fit through that slot in the first place. If you did actually cram one in, please tell the UPS Driver or leave him a note on the box so he can try to get your box out. As far as tracking this package, I think Microsoft issues a work order number where you can track it on their website. You may want to call 1-800-PICKUPS and report what has happened so that we can get it on its way.

Abyss Impact

Alright thanks, if there is no solution, should I suggest breaking it trying to get it out, since its already useless since the box has blocked the opening of the slot to the bottom.

pkgdriver

I just checked and my Xbox is still there, stuck...

Thats what I was thinking as I was reading down. Its happened to me a few times. One reason I always check the drop opening and the access door underneath.

drewed

Shankman
Alright thanks, if there is no solution, should I suggest breaking it trying to get it out, since its already useless since the box has blocked the opening of the slot to the bottom.

youre box or the drop box? id say go ahead and break your box its gonna give beofre the drop box does and if you break the drop box its destruction of priivate property get a little jail time for that and no they dont have xbox in jail