Is the UPS dropoff boxes safe?

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
The dropoff boxes are not for letters only. I didn't know because this is my first time using UPS shipments. Why do you gotta be so rough on a newbie.

This is your first time?

dumb.jpeg

Why would you come here for your answer?
Why haven't you contacted UPS yet?

Just curious?

Abyss Impact

Why should I waste my time contacting UPS when a driver later will help me get it out? Is this mandatory? For business reasons I understand...

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
This is my first time. I'll learn from this mistake and not make it again.

OK, Guh bye, thanks for playing.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Internet Portal
On the Internet, troll is a slang term used to describe:
  1. Statements presented by an Internet user to others that are solely intended to incite controversy or conflict or cause annoyance or offense. (Many posts may inadvertently cause strife as collateral damage, but they are not trolls.)
  2. A person who posts these.

iowa boy

This is your first time?

dumb.jpeg

Why would you come here for your answer?
Why haven't you contacted UPS yet?

Just curious?

It is amazing to me how this person found this website on the net, but doesn't have the ability to use the internet to obtain the 800 number for ups or drive to the box and meet the driver at the pickup time posted on the box. Ya gotta wonder though, if they can't figure out how to solve this problem, how are they gonna handle the more serious challenges in life? Are they gonna try and find a website or are they gonna be smart enough to figure it out on they own.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I didn't know it was stuck until I checked yesterday. The doors are locked on the weekends so the dropoff box is off limits to everyone.

OK, sorry, I thought you were a troll.

Other UPSers are gonna be mad at me, just don't tell everyone.

Under the box, there is a door release in the far back right near the leg. You kinda have to climb under the box some to get to it, but you'll see a little square of metal that is a different color, you have to push that up while pulling out on the front right box leg. It takes a while (for security) but just hold it like that for 6-8 minutes & front door will pop right open for you.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
GTFO my thread. You are no help here, why are you even posting.

Please explain exactly why... you are here?

and just one more thing....

When you put the package in the hole...

ya didn't notice it got stuck as you put it in?

ya didn't know it was stuck before you left?

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
OK, sorry, I thought you were a troll.

Other UPSers are gonna be mad at me, just don't tell everyone.

Under the box, there is a door release in the far back right near the leg. You kinda have to climb under the box some to get to it, but you'll see a little square of metal that is a different color, you have to push that up while pulling out on the front right box leg. It takes a while (for security) but just hold it like that for 6-8 minutes & front door will pop right open for you.

Or...you can pull up a lawn chair (don't forget sunscreen) and wait for the driver...

Abyss Impact

No, I thought it dropped down because it closed perfectly. But I read my tracking that it hasn't shipped yet so I checked yesterday and it was stuck there, the top of the box was horizontal to the opening so when you open the door to put your package in, it would only open like 1/4 of the way. I'm going in 3 hours to get it, and if you don't believe me, I'll snap some pics of it.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
No, I thought it dropped down because it closed perfectly. But I read my tracking that it hasn't shipped yet so I checked yesterday and it was stuck there, the top of the box was horizontal to the opening so when you open the door to put your package in, it would only open like 1/4 of the way. I'm going in 3 hours to get it, and if you don't believe me, I'll snap some pics of it.

Just be careful with the security device on the tilting door. STORM723 knows more about the security devices than I do.

Abyss Impact

Please go take a picture of it...and post it here..

If we can get a visual we may be able to assist you a little better.
You do know I'm not a UPS worker... I can't get the bottom open, so I'd gotta wait for the UPS driver that picks up the packages daily. I'm not gonna walk 7 blocks just to take pictures and come back and post it lol. But thanks for the help.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
You do know I'm not a UPS worker... I can't get the bottom open, so I'd gotta wait for the UPS driver that picks up the packages daily. I'm not gonna walk 7 blocks just to take pictures and come back and post it lol. But thanks for the help.

Just make sure you wear shoes....it is a dangerous world out there...