Is there a cutoff when higher seniority drivers can't bump you to another route?

Grey

It's been happening a lot lately. We're told by the dispatcher or see on the screen what truck and route we're on. Verify our air and ready to go, then a guy comes in and bumps you to a different truck. You move your stuff and end up leaving late on a blind route. One US said there's a 30 min limit before that route's start time when you're guaranteed that route but I let it go cause I don't ruffle any feathers. I'm not the only somewhat new swing driver this happens to.

Rainman

Its all good.
It's been happening a lot lately. We're told by the dispatcher or see on the screen what truck and route we're on. Verify our air and ready to go, then a guy comes in and bumps you to a different truck. You move your stuff and end up leaving late on a blind route. One US said there's a 30 min limit before that route's start time when you're guaranteed that route but I let it go cause I don't ruffle any feathers. I'm not the only somewhat new swing driver this happens to.
No.
You're screwed.
Management can do whatever they want.
But, in my supplement, if a cover driver doesn't bid a route for a week at a time, they have to work as directed. So management can let the senior man bump or not, as they see fit.
If they knew you would really suck on a route blind then they might not let you get bumped. As long as you get it done, you will get bumped. But this is something we all went through, so don't take it personal. It's your turn now, we already did our time.

Grey

No.
You're screwed.
Management can do whatever they want.
But, in my supplement, if a cover driver doesn't bid a route for a week at a time, they have to work as directed. So management can let the senior man bump or not, as they see fit.
If they knew you would really suck on a route blind then they might not let you get bumped. As long as you get it done, you will get bumped. But this is something we all went through, so don't take it personal. It's your turn now, we already did our time.

Yes, in the end knowing more routes can be beneficial but I've been told they'll continue to walk all over you until you do something about it.

StopTheAct

Senority rule and thats messed up how it works... , but dont let a senior guy punk you.... if he comes 5 minutes before u leave and bumps you thats a b i t ch move... and call him out on it.... be the less senior guy, dont be punked..

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
As soon as you made book you're considered a professional...take your smilet and git...

iruhnman630

Senority rule and thats messed up how it works... , but dont let a senior guy punk you.... if he comes 5 minutes before u leave and bumps you thats a b i t ch move... and call him out on it.... be the less senior guy, dont be punked..
Why should the senior driver be obligated to be at work any earlier to even know what route has been assigned?

Overpaid Union Thug

I have to admit that getting bumped by one of those people that like to show up to work at precisely start time is rather annoying. I swore to myself I'd never do that to someone so I get to work at least 10 minutes early. Plus, that makes me available to start early for EAMs if need be. I have a bid route now so those days of getting moved at the last second are about gone. My route is cut sometimes. Luckily most of the last second bumpers all have bid routes now.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I've had this happen to me back in the day.

We have a handful of senior drivers who routes are cut when it slow in the summer so there is always some shifting and deal making so everyone can keep working without getting laid off.

I get to work 30 mins early for three reasons.

1) it doesn't make sense to go home after I drop the kids off at school

2) there is still ice in the ice machine (it WILL run out no later than start-10min)

3) to have plenty of time to bump if need be.

The other day I had a decent route I was covering.

Lowest seniority driver was extra when I looked at the roster but as I was pulling away I see him jumping in our #1 senior guys truck to leave.

I said, ":censored2:, I didn't know he wanted to go home."

But I just smiled to myself and drove away because I knew how it felt to be that bottom guy and get to sneak onto that route even just for a day.

You don't have to use your seniority to be a :censored2:.

Grey

US told me today to tell him if someone attempts to take your route within 30 min of start time and he'll get me back on it. He said it's been happening a lot and drivers are getting frustrated with other drivers but the core issue is really with dispatch.

Theking30

SHORTY
no ice machine here. I did one time get a single pack of Gatorade mix. I actually still have it. Been waiting for the bottle of water.