Is there a driver like this in your center?

ups1990

You know, the type that doesn't like to pay retail. He constatnly comes up to you and asks if you have a welder or plumber on your route. This guy wants you to get him a sweet deal on a variety of services. Every morning, he's bothering drivers with these favors. Talk about annoying.

Brown Rocket

No, no drivers that I know like that. However we do have an on road who always has someting that he gets for a sweet deal. The man never pays full price for anything. Always has food from a little bakery, or deli or whatever that he got cheap. He knows who has the cheapest lunches, tires, drinks, meat and everything. Always buys the floor model whatever. I love when he does my annual because I find out where the cheap places to eat on the route I am driving that day are.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If he was a good driver & had people skills,he would have his own connections.I had an electrician who always gave me advice,a contractor who let me borrow tools over the weekend,a mechanic who gave me a deal on fixng my car ,lawyer who looked over my closing docs for my house & I never had to buy a coffee or soda..In return you got to go the extra mile for these people. Im sure 75 % of our drivers get customer perks,its all in how you treat them!!!!

Number 2

No, but we do have a Fred Sanford type guy who is always picking up junk on his route, brings it to the center, puts it in his personal truck, and then rides it around for a couple of weeks. It's always interesting to see what is in the back of his truck.

MobileBA

Well in my work group we have an plumber, electrician, drywaller, duct cleaner....I uess they moonlight just in case Big Brown does not work out!

some1else

its called "networking" lol

my old lady gets embarrassed when i try to haggle over prices; but its fun and saves money. short of big-box stores and national chains almost everywhere will do it; services (auto repair etc) will take low balls also. the worst they will say is no!

No, but we do have a Fred Sanford type guy who is always picking up junk on his route, brings it to the center, puts it in his personal truck, and then rides it around for a couple of weeks. It's always interesting to see what is in the back of his truck.
We have one of those too. It is so comical to look at the endless piles of junk in the back of his pickup.

rod

Retired 22 years

You ought to see my collection of bungee straps, coolers and life jackets I collected over 30 years. To this day I will turn around to pick up some treasure on the hiway.

Brown_Eyed_Girl

One business offered to sell me one of those Margariaville machines at cost which was $140. I guess those things sell for $200. That was nice of them I thought.

helenofcalifornia

I always stop for the good stuff left in the road. I have picked up good wet suit booties for my son, brand new Iphone connector wires, a great sweater for myself, etc. My kids get embarrassed when I tell them of my latest find, and my depression-era Mom says "Atta girl!" Different strokes for different folks.

And I didn't know you could bargain with your mechanic. I would have liked to talk him down from that $850 bill last week!

M

Mike23

Just wait until he comes across a dead body....eeeeeew :sick: