is there a GPS APP that can queue up multiple stops?

atdi198d

just wondering if there is one out there where you can enter your stops in sequence order? seems like it would be a good app when you are learning new runs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Get ready for the ride of your life youngblood. The supervisors take care of all the problems(the drivers) lol. Don't count on anyone else but yourself to fix the problems.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you really need an app to get you around the block or 2 miles down the road, you'd do better in supervision.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I friend you're driving a route blind gps can be useful to find the fastest way to get on area and to find a street not on a map but aside from that maps are better because they help you to better visualize the area and learn the street layout instead of using the gps like a crutch and just following a voice's directions.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I use maps on my galaxy note 2. Comes in handy sometimes. Comes in handy when some of your fellow drivers who are stuck in the 80s(lol) or some drivers who aren't computer age inclined, call you for a address they don't know or isn't in the system.

BrownArmy

OP - do yourself a favor, buy a mapbook:

Tear out the page of the town you're delivering to, 'laminate' it with clear packing tape, and stick it in your work bag.

Punching in multiple addresses into a GPS will get you nowhere fast, and no, there is no app for old-school route knowledge.

Some things change with technology, some things don't; in this case a visual map is your best friend, until they perfect the on-windshield-HUD which will tell you where to go (seriously - someone's working on it).

They sent a rookie out on the blind last year, in an unfamiliar town, didn't give him a map...his phone's battery died around 13:00, as he was using google-maps to figure out where he needed to go...the whole affair ended poorly.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
OP - do yourself a favor, buy a mapbook:

Tear out the page of the town you're delivering to, 'laminate' it with clear packing tape, and stick it in your work bag.

Punching in multiple addresses into a GPS will get you nowhere fast, and no, there is no app for old-school route knowledge.

Some things change with technology, some things don't; in this case a visual map is your best friend, until they perfect the on-windshield-HUD which will tell you where to go (seriously - someone's working on it).

They sent a rookie out on the blind last year, in an unfamiliar town, didn't give him a map...his phone's battery died around 13:00, as he was using google-maps to figure out where he needed to go...the whole affair ended poorly.

When I first started driving I did the same with Google maps and even bought a power bank thingy to keep my phone full all day but quickly found that you're not learning much when depending on GPS

P

pickup

just wondering if there is one out there where you can enter your stops in sequence order? seems like it would be a good app when you are learning new runs.

I read the other responses and they all have validity. However, since this is the direction you want to proceed in (and I think is a good idea) , check the app stores and see if such an app is available.

P

pickup

I read the other responses and they all have validity. However, since this is the direction you want to proceed in (and I think is a good idea) , check the app stores and see if such an app is available.

edit: back up such an app with paper maps , so that you don't get left without any mapping resources in the event of a technological failure.

UPSGUY72

It's called a Map get one....

and get one for your Area made by the American Map Corporation it will be yellow on the cover

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
edit: back up such an app with paper maps , so that you don't get left without any mapping resources in the event of a technological failure.

Then go get those paper maps laminated. Then keep an eye on them like they are gold. I have so many laminated maps I have to clear them out of my personal truck if anyone wants to ride with me.

I'm the only one in my center that gets maps laminated. Other drivers and sups are much more likely to get me a map I need because of it. They know I won't rip the map up and need a new one a week later.

ibleedbrown

on saturdays i use an android app called bestroute it costs 5 bucks. u can put in up to 50 stops and it will put them in order for u, it works like a charm but honestly i don't think u will have time to punch in all those addresses on a daily route.