Is There a pension for Someone hired after the Contract took effect?

roadrnnr

Maby a Dumb ? but I was hired in 2008 as a road driver after the Teamster contract went into effect.

I know UPS bought out the Teamster pension and I got some info on a 401K but do I have some kind of pension coming when/if I retire from UPS Freight.

Getting info from my terminal is like pulling teeth.

Or is my only retirement from this place whatever I myself put into the 401k. Looking over it it looks like UPS does not match any contributions I put in.

Thanks,

JonFrum

Yes. But first you need to get Vested, and then grow old and grey to be eligible for a monthly pension check.:happy2:
ARTICLE 25 --- BENEFITS
Section 6. Retirement
Effective upon ratification, full-time and casual employees shall cease to be covered by the UPS Retirement Plan and shall instead be covered by the UPS Pension Plan. The UPS Pension Plan will be amended to cover the employees based on the terms set forth in this subsection. The benefit formula for current and future full-time and casual employees will remain unchanged from the benefit formula in effect for the UPS Retirement Plan at the time of ratification of this Agreement.

The UPS Pension Plan is governed by the terms of the plan document and trust agreement, both of which are incorporated herein by reference. Any claims for benefits are subject to resolution solely through the UPS Pension Plan administrative claims process.

The UPS Freight Contract (and other documents) are available here:
http://www.tdu.org/teamsterresources