Is there a special way your center numbers/names their trucks?

MC0493

I'd say about 80% of the routes in the building have a pal label that says something besides the route ID. Some are names or shortened names, others i dont know where they came from.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd say about 80% of the routes in the building have a pal label that says something besides the route ID. Some are names or shortened names, others i dont know where they came from.
A few of ours are 4 letters from the names of drivers that have gone to feeders or taken combo jobs. One route still is the name of a driver who was fired almost 2 years ago. Part of me thinks they keep it named that just to remind people he was fired lol.

BUCN85

Ours change all the time thinking this will help the preloader s with their miss loads. How about not giving them 4 trucks with over 250 pieces a truck and 3.5 hrs to do it all.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ours used to be the first three letters of our last names on the route. So the Pals would say SMI, JOH, MIL, and so on. But then we got some :censored2:nozzle that didn't like this as he thought it gave drivers a big head of the route being "theirs". So said :censored2:nozzle decided to renumber all the routes in order. 121, 122, 123, 124...... We now have 10 times more misloads than we did before his genius move, which he said he was doing to cut down on misloads.

Dwayne?

It was easier Pre-ORION (shocker I know). To change names you have to go through every base plan and changed each route individually. Then you have to optimize every route, even if you aren't dispatching it. We changed all the car names in my old center once. We had 30 routes with 35 or so base plans. Took a full day to change everything.
Oh, I was gonna say...we just started Orion. But usually our trucks could change daily, by driver's name, or a color, city or town. Bet not, anymore.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our previous sup figured out how to change Surepost po names, too. It used to take an act of congress just about. It really helped.
You have to do it all through IE and it's just a bastard. I figured out how to do it for local sort, but I was always worried about changing it to the wrong sort and screwing it all up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ours change all the time thinking this will help the preloader s with their miss loads. How about not giving them 4 trucks with over 250 pieces a truck and 3.5 hrs to do it all.
It's not so much the number of packages per trucks as it is the rate of the flow and amount of overweights. 1100 pieces with a decent flow can seem like less than 950 with a stop/start erratic flow.