Is there an Article and Section for this situation?

Drink Craft Beer

PT sup recently has been instructing a clerk (who does the re-wrapping of open packages and looks up residential addresses for correction purposes) to help DCAP at the end of the day in order to get the shift done sooner.

The clerk is in a union, but not our bargaining union. She has no vote in the bargaining agreement but yet says she has to do what preload sup instructs her to do.

I want to file but not sure what article and section this would fall under. Don't think I can turn in a grievance w/o an article and section numbers on it.

Wilson

It doesn't matter what union she is in. Work as directed. There are no lines in between jobs that can't be crossed. Drivers can be instructed to load/unload/ sort/ rewrap/ sweep floors or dance around in a chicken suit outside the gate if they are so instructed. Don't like it file a grievance but you'll still be required to dance and cluck while you wait for your hearing.
chick_dance.gif

upschuck

If she has no vote, she is not in the union.

I don't see where you have a case. Sounds like DCAP is nobody's job, so anyone can fill in when there is a need.

By The Book

Sounds like she is an exception clerk who may be doing union work? Talk to your business agent(call your local) and explain the situation. Is this person on a start schedule? Do your homework, and make sure union work is only being done by the bargaining unit.

Drink Craft Beer

If she has no vote, she is not in the union.

I don't see where you have a case. Sounds like DCAP is nobody's job, so anyone can fill in when there is a need.

DCAP is a semi-new preferred job that was posted for bid, before it initially got up an running and going on about 7yrs now.

She's part of the group that works the counters for customer service. I'm personally told by her that they're in a union but not mine. The have seniority between the handful of themselves. If her job or any other counter job would open up......UPS wouldn't post it for bid because they hire from the outside for a single replacement.

UPSGUY72

PT sup recently has been instructing a clerk (who does the re-wrapping of open packages and looks up residential addresses for correction purposes) to help DCAP at the end of the day in order to get the shift done sooner.

The clerk is in a union, but not our bargaining union. She has no vote in the bargaining agreement but yet says she has to do what preload sup instructs her to do.

I want to file but not sure what article and section this would fall under. Don't think I can turn in a grievance w/o an article and section numbers on it.

NO

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Look at Article 1 Section 2 of the National Master Agreement, for starters.