Is this just my location?

By The Book

So if I deliver to the wrong house/street/town... it shouldn't count against me because it

was delivered?
Now you and I both know as drivers we're supposed to match the address on the pkg. to the house before we deliver it. I was trying to see if BB58 was going to catch the 2 words I misspelled....that's all except if as loaders they don't have you verify the last 4 on pal to the address then it shouldn't be the loaders fault.

wayfair

swollen member
Now you and I both know as drivers we're supposed to match the address on the pkg. to the house before we deliver it. I was trying to see if BB58 was going to catch the 2 words I misspelled....that's all except if as loaders they don't have you verify the last 4 on pal to the address then it shouldn't be the loaders fault.

jokes man... preloaders are supposed to match the pal and delivery label.

HardknocksUPSer

Writing HINS on every package is useless. That's why we pay someone to put the PAL on. I load 5 cars with a overall average of 1100-1300 pieces, you can bet your ass I'm not going to write HINS I have no time to do that in 4hrs of work. It's just not feasible. Instead I focus on not having misloads and moving stops to make my day and my drivers day easier and getting packages lip loaded and tight so they stay on the shelf once the driver leaves. It's simple, drivers don't bitch and complain to management about their loads and management doesn't care if we write HINS, as a matter of fact my preload SUP pushes everyone to write HINS and looks in my trucks with no HINS and doesn't say a word because I have very few misloads, average 1 MAYBE 2 a week and my drivers are happy with their loads, I receive money and biscuits atleast 1 sometimes 2 days a week and have a good relationship with the drivers and know most of their family's and mutual friends. Do your job and keep the drivers happy and management will not crawl all over you.

By The Book

Writing HINS on every package is useless. That's why we pay someone to put the PAL on. I load 5 cars with a overall average of 1100-1300 pieces, you can bet your ass I'm not going to write HINS I have no time to do that in 4hrs of work. It's just not feasible. Instead I focus on not having misloads and moving stops to make my day and my drivers day easier and getting packages lip loaded and tight so they stay on the shelf once the driver leaves. It's simple, drivers don't bitch and complain to management about their loads and management doesn't care if we write HINS, as a matter of fact my preload SUP pushes everyone to write HINS and looks in my trucks with no HINS and doesn't say a word because I have very few misloads, average 1 MAYBE 2 a week and my drivers are happy with their loads, I receive money and biscuits atleast 1 sometimes 2 days a week and have a good relationship with the drivers and know most of their family's and mutual friends. Do your job and keep the drivers happy and management will not crawl all over you.
How long have you been a loadin?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Don't worry about how other people are doing and focus on your assignment.
Kind of hard to worry about my "assignment" when I have to fight the load fraught with misloads, especially the 70lb grill that belonged not only not in my truck, but not even my center

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

jokes man... preloaders are supposed to match the pal and delivery label.

I had a "misload" yesterday that was actually a bad pal caused by the computer. It was a Surepost and because the print is so small it would have been very difficult for the loader to catch the error; heck, I had to look twice to make sure.

I sheeted as NSN and then ran it off later on that afternoon.

By The Book

I had a "misload" yesterday that was actually a bad pal caused by the computer. It was a Surepost and because the print is so small it would have been very difficult for the loader to catch the error; heck, I had to look twice to make sure.

I sheeted as NSN and then ran it off later on that afternoon.
I'm sure every centers different but here they tell us to only sheet packages once.

Future

Victory Ride
I wasn't sure if I would have the time to run it off later.

Our center manager has told us not to run off address corrections or bad pals. Oh well.
Bad pals...I just send message in as such ....give to clerk end of the day...no idea or care what happens after that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bad pals...I just send message in as such ....give to clerk end of the day...no idea or care what happens after that

For some reason the computer confuses Sandra and Sanborn Avenues. Sanborn is on my area while Sandra is a few streets off. I don't feel the customer should be penalized because our computer can't read.