Is this legal

whenIgetthere

That's why I took the first M-friend I could get. As a PT on Saturday, I was working 9 hours per day. Meanwhile, the FT employees who were T-S were only working 5 or 6 hours. My SDR route had three P1 commitments, noon, 1330 and 1630. Was a real pain if I couldn't get any P2 off before 1500.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
PTers having to work all day on Saturday. Running P1 and P2 until 1600. In other words a full time route.....

I responded to you in a PM, but my understanding is that even under "operational need", a PT employee can only be required to work 6 hours. if you have to work FT hours that is basically negating your PT status. This sounds like another desperate attempt to make the circus sideshow function properly. The problem is that the ringmasters are clueless, and the clowns are running the performance. It just gets better all the time, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Maui

Yes. FT should be given the hours first though. The length of any particular shift is meaningless to status. There are PT positions in the hubs that work 20 hours/week, but in 10 hour shifts Saturday and Sunday.

Rhoderunner

my understanding is that even under "operational need", a PT employee can only be required to work 6 hours.

That is true. I actually overheard a ops mgr yell at a PTer once....'your ass is mine for 6 hours, learn to like it'.
I would make a pile on the floor and tell the mgr I have my 6 hours worth, here's the rest !!!

whenIgetthere

The problem here is the FT T-S employees don't want to work 8 hours on Saturday, they b-tch and moan if they have more than 25-30 stops on Saturday, while the PT routes are going out with 60-70 every Saturday, plus the PT's are doing all the regular pick-ups. The other route in my loop was a FT employee, and all I heard every week was him b-tch "I'm never going to get out by 1:30", which always amazed me because he also had 1630 P1 commits.

Goldilocks

I responded to you in a PM, but my understanding is that even under "operational need", a PT employee can only be required to work 6 hours. if you have to work FT hours that is basically negating your PT status. This sounds like another desperate attempt to make the circus sideshow function properly. The problem is that the ringmasters are clueless, and the clowns are running the performance. It just gets better all the time, doesn't it?

TY, will do that on Monday and have it ready for Tuesday....We are also gathering together and throw a BIG FAT GFT on this....Might not do any good but it will keep them busy...PTers do not have to work an 8 hour shift when they have FTers on Monday getting off by 1030am....Yes you are right this is a Circus, but what the clowns dont realize, no more working Monday when they call us or no more covering all those routes that DRA creates during the week. Most are covered by the PTers.....No more Peak. Will finish my route at 1030 then leave....The biggest disapointment is that no one told us anything. This was just thrown at us this morning.....

thedownhillEXPRESS

TY, will do that on Monday and have it ready for Tuesday....We are also gathering together and throw a BIG FAT GFT on this....Might not do any good but it will keep them busy...PTers do not have to work an 8 hour shift when they have FTers on Monday getting off by 1030am....Yes you are right this is a Circus, but what the clowns dont realize, no more working Monday when they call us or no more covering all those routes that DRA creates during the week. Most are covered by the PTers.....No more Peak. Will finish my route at 1030 then leave....The biggest disapointment is that no one told us anything. This was just thrown at us this morning.....

You sure have come a very long way Goldi.

Im proud of you and wish you and your friends luck.