Is this new?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
ScreenCap133 Oct. 07 22.39.jpg

Never seen it before but I love it. Maybe it will keep knuckleheads like @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U from necroposting.

Thanks @cheryl

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think the first 5 years of Browncafe postings should be stored away making lots of room for new posts . Do this every few years like a spring cleaning.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would prefer that they archive any threads that are at least one year old and/or have not had any activity in the past 6 months.

I have an idea for you, Dave.

Rent some server space.

Get a domain name, something like DaveCafe.com.

Buy or lease some forum software and set your own little corner of the internet up.

You and Faded could have a good time talking with each other.

scooby0048

I would prefer that they archive any threads that are at least one year old and/or have not had any activity in the past 6 months.

I think the first 5 years of Browncafe postings should be stored away making lots of room for new posts . Do this every few years like a spring cleaning.

Merging past topics of the same nature ie; (socks, peak hires, expectations, etc) archiving, compressing the data, and the ability to perform a wild card or Boolean search limited to only those topics as well as a deletion of image / audio files over 2-3 years old would really help to keep the site clean and fast.

But as with anything with such magnitude, it would require a staff comparable to Goog and a budget of a small country and so far, I really enjoy not having ads pop up in my face every 2 seconds and enjoy even more that the mods are for the most part pretty laid back about the site.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have an idea for you, Dave.

Rent some server space.

Get a domain name, something like DaveCafe.com.

Buy or lease some forum software and set your own little corner of the internet up.

You and Faded could have a good time talking with each other.

Could I keep the retirees out?

scooby0048

That's been around for about the last year or so. It's a xenforo add on.
Oh so, unlike @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U I am one of the more respectful members who sees this and thinks to himself, "self, this thread is really old, maybe I won't click that little box and bump a 10 year old thread"

That's friggin hilarious....I just realized I called myself "one of the more respectful members"