Is this normal when working at UPS?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
7.5 months into preloading at UPS, just recently my knees and hips make a cracking noise everything I bend down or squat. It doesn't hurt but very noticeable

Has this happened to you guys before? And what did you guys do to fix it? I've seen many drivers in my hub with knee sleeves, should I get one? I was also told by Hr when I was hired to get one of those soft insole things for my boots? Will it help?
My lower back is always sore, could I have hurt myself?

I load one of the heaviest sets in my building, all the trucks go to those science/medicine companies and each piece usually goes from 25-77lbs. I also get enough irreg's to block my walk away each morning

2 trailers, 3 trucks. Both trailers are 300 pieces each on average, a good day is 270. 2 trucks are 280 pieces each and 1 truck is Costco which is about 100 pieces, I get at least 12 sets of tires each day.
I talked to my shop steward on Friday the 22nd and grieved my building manager because he refused to let me bump people with less seniority than me. Just last night Monday 4/25, I was supposed to start on the set I bumped and he tells me that he talked to the labor manager that I'm not allowed to bump sets even tho I have more seniority? So I ended up working at that set again. Was he playing me? Should I talk to my shop steward again?
Wow you're so funny

Nice try UPS supervisor Intern
Yea, this forums is helpless. Too many grown men that I can't take seriously
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1461693551.992273.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
7.5 months into preloading at UPS, just recently my knees and hips make a cracking noise everything I bend down or squat. It doesn't hurt but very noticeable

Has this happened to you guys before? And what did you guys do to fix it? I've seen many drivers in my hub with knee sleeves, should I get one? I was also told by Hr when I was hired to get one of those soft insole things for my boots? Will it help?
Get into a hot tub with some hot chicks!

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
My lower back is always sore, could I have hurt myself?

I load one of the heaviest sets in my building, all the trucks go to those science/medicine companies and each piece usually goes from 25-77lbs. I also get enough irreg's to block my walk away each morning

2 trailers, 3 trucks. Both trailers are 300 pieces each on average, a good day is 270. 2 trucks are 280 pieces each and 1 truck is Costco which is about 100 pieces, I get at least 12 sets of tires each day.

55884899.jpg

Hateworkingaspreload

just start misloading like a mo fo and maybe, just maybe you'll get promoted to pt supe
My drivers told me to do that too minus the become a sup part. I was averaging 15 misloads/day for the week and it just made whoever puts the pieces into my trucks pissed off lol, he would come down from his office every morning to remind me no misloads

McGee

My drivers told me to do that too minus the become a sup part. I was averaging 15 misloads/day for the week and it just made whoever puts the pieces into my trucks :censored2: off lol, he would come down from his office every morning to remind me no misloads

If That's the case you no longer work here i'm guessing ...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it sounds like you may not be using proper methods. ask another worker with lots of experience to observe you working and see if they suggest some changes. usually asking senior employees helps .

people slowly get away from the proper lifting methods sometimes . I always had those cushy inserts in my workshoes. maybe knee sleeves will help.

good luck.