Is this possible?

I may or may not get hired at UPS this upcoming week. I realize I would only be there a short amount of time, but I would need off a week in August. Do you think they will allow it if I don't miss a single day of work and arrive on time? Give me your thoughts! Thanks.

When the HR rep asked I did mention one week I may need of as I'm getting married in October. But I had totally forgotten about August.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
When the HR rep asked I did mention one week I may need of as I'm getting married in October. But I had totally forgotten about August.

Sent using BrownCafe App
choose August or October or don't take the position. If I were the HR person I would think one of two things: doesn't want the job or doesn't need the job. Either way there are stronger candidates for the position out there.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You will have plenty to get married and spend time with the family after you get hired.
You missing a family member? Lol
CAM00102.jpg

When August rolls around go to the doctor and tell them you have something wrong with your stomach. Tell her you are going number 2 at least 12 times a day. Tell her you drank the water in Mexico the week prior. Ask for a perscription and tell her you are going to drink pedialyte to keep yourself hydrated. You need an excuse to be off work for the week. Call your boss and tell them the situation and that you have an excuse. Tell them you are dropping a lot of water out of your back end. Tell them sorry for the TMI and explain how bad you feel. This will work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When August rolls around go to the doctor and tell them you have something wrong with your stomach. Tell her you are going number 2 at least 12 times a day. Tell her you drank the water in Mexico the week prior. Ask for a perscription and tell her you are going to drink pedialyte to keep yourself hydrated. You need an excuse to be off work for the week. Call your boss and tell them the situation and that you have an excuse. Tell them you are dropping a lot of water out of your back end. Tell them sorry for the TMI and explain how bad you feel. This will work.
Won't he need a doctor's note to return to work after missing a week for an "illness" though?

Won't he need a doctor's note to return to work after missing a week for an "illness" though?
Yea that why I told him to go to the doctor and get an excuse.

...and when his boss just happens to see pictures from his vacation on his fb page...?

Resident know-it-all.
I can't help the man with his posting on social media. Social is an animal all in itself. My advice for social media would be don't friend people from work. I have to social media sites I'm a part of. They are totally clean. Meaning nothing posted on work time and only wholesome family things.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You haven't even been hired yet and you already need a week off? Unless it is for a military reserve branch you must ask your self which is more important, a new job or your personal plans.

Costly week off with no insurance...
If you don't have insurance most doctors will give you a visit for 40 dollars under a hardship. The last time I got :censored2: canned and they stopped my insurance I went this route. A generic perscription shouldn't cost to much with all the deals drug stores run on perscriptions these days. I'm just offering solutions.