Is this possible?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you don't have insurance most doctors will give you a visit for 40 dollars under a hardship. The last time I got :censored2: canned and they stopped my insurance I went this route. A generic perscription shouldn't cost to much with all the deals drug stores run on perscriptions these days. I'm just offering solutions.
Never heard of a hardship walk in visit. A friend of mine went to one recently...95 up front to see a dr. When he asked if he could be billed for half the fee..they told him to go to the ER. But I realize what you're trying to do, Bo ;)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I may or may not get hired at UPS this upcoming week. I realize I would only be there a short amount of time, but I would need off a week in August. Do you think they will allow it if I don't miss a single day of work and arrive on time? Give me your thoughts! Thanks.
Just ask for the time off, all they can do is say no.

Z

ZQXC

I may or may not get hired at UPS this upcoming week. I realize I would only be there a short amount of time, but I would need off a week in August. Do you think they will allow it if I don't miss a single day of work and arrive on time? Give me your thoughts! Thanks.

It almost sounds as if you consider perfect attendance and punctuality during the first 30 days of a new job to be exemplary performance.

Focus on securing the job first. After that, as Jones replied, just ask for the week in August. This request will probably trigger the traditional 1000 yard stare. Get used to that stare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of a hardship walk in visit. A friend of mine went to one recently...95 up front to see a dr. When he asked if he could be billed for half the fee..they told him to go to the ER. But I realize what you're trying to do, Bo ;)
One of the many times I've been fired the whole family all have to go to the doctor. Our doctor carved 40$ for the hardship. I'm sure there's somekind of option out there in this great country we live in.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One of the biggest problems ups has with part timers is getting them to come to work. If you want the job don't ask for the August week and don't be surprised if they don't honor the October one.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
...and when his boss just happens to see pictures from his vacation on his fb page...?

Resident know-it-all.
Who in the world friends their boss on Facebook? Aside from that you would have to make the photos viewable to the public and if anyone shares with anyone other than friends they deserve what they have coming to them.

Facebook is kind of played out for me, but I won't even friend a coworker after seeing what has has happened to others.

TheKid99

Is it possible to transfer to another state if im a seasonal package handler and the town I'm interested in are hiring?

PT Car Washer

Quit on good terms and hope to get rehired. He said he was seasonal so that may help or hurt his case. I sure hope this advice has been helpful.