Is this scenario greivable?

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph
PT EAM Air Driver here working out of the Central Region. My hub has 3 centers. I have almost two years of seniority. PT sups have been scheduling me off while less seniority upsers work. I average at least 2-3 days off a week, while they work 4-5 days a week. For the last month 1/2, this has been a reoccurring theme. About 2 days ago is when i took notice of a senority list in my center! Had no idea it was there because it camouflages so well with the other junk posted on the bulletin board. Took notice of the list and i had 4 people below me. 1 of those people work in another center. The other person is based out of same center as me, but works in another center quite often. Regardless of center, seniority rules correct?

Can i greive the days where those two individuals worked and i didn't? (At least 15 days) I know those individuals worked because i took a hard look at the driver reports that are out on display the next day.

Talked to Steward and he said that it is zero tolerance for that. Plan on giving him a call later.

In addition, i feel my seniority date was altered to allow an individual to bump me (i had on car sup send an inquiry to HR to correct it) Isnt it as simple as your hiring date becomes your seniority date after you complete your 30 working days in 90 calendar days?

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To start.... anything is grievable. Whether you prevail, is another story.

PT EAM Air Driver here working out of the Central Region. My hub has 3 centers. I have almost two years of seniority. PT sups have been scheduling me off while less seniority upsers work.

Is this your only job ?

How are they scheduling you off ? Or, are they ignoring your seniority ?

About 2 days ago is when i took notice of a senority list in my center! Had no idea it was there because it camouflages so well with the other junk posted on the bulletin board. Took notice of the list and i had 4 people below me. 1 of those people work in another center. The other person is based out of same center as me, but works in another center quite often. Regardless of center, seniority rules correct?

Only your Local BA can answer that.

Are you assigned to a particular center ? Or, can you "float" between the 3 ?

Can i greive the days where those two individuals worked and i didn't? (At least 15 days) I know those individuals worked because i took a hard look at the driver reports that are out on display the next day.

You have 5 days to file (in the Central) once you have "knowledge" of the situation.

In addition, i feel my seniority date was altered to allow an individual to bump me (i had on car sup send an inquiry to HR to correct it) Isnt it as simple as your hiring date becomes your seniority date after you complete your 30 working days in 90 calendar days?

Grieve that.

Just for clarifications sake.

Clerical errors.... can be made.

-Bug-

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph
To start.... anything is grievable. Whether you prevail, is another story.

Haha, well i hope so.

Is this your only job ?

How are they scheduling you off ? Or, are they ignoring your seniority ?

Yes. Dropped my 2nd job, which was working through a temp agency to drive seasonally this summer as a cover driver.
I believe they are ignoring my seniority. They send me a text in the morning stating "No work today" when clearly it is if they are working.

Only your Local BA can answer that.

Are you assigned to a particular center ? Or, can you "float" between the 3 ?

Yes, assigned to a particular center. Yes, Air drivers here float through all 3 centers. My center has added a few high seniority upsers, which bumped me to the other centers when work is available. Problem is, those two other individials are taking the work instead of me.

You have 5 days to file (in the Central) once you have "knowledge" of the situation.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Calling my Union Steward tonight.

Grieve that.

Just for clarifications sake.

Clerical errors.... can be made.

Thank you for further insight on my situation.

-Bug-

Turdferguson

Just a turd
PT EAM Air Driver here working out of the Central Region. My hub has 3 centers. I have almost two years of seniority. PT sups have been scheduling me off while less seniority upsers work. I average at least 2-3 days off a week, while they work 4-5 days a week. For the last month 1/2, this has been a reoccurring theme. About 2 days ago is when i took notice of a senority list in my center! Had no idea it was there because it camouflages so well with the other junk posted on the bulletin board. Took notice of the list and i had 4 people below me. 1 of those people work in another center. The other person is based out of same center as me, but works in another center quite often. Regardless of center, seniority rules correct?

Talked to Steward and he said that it is zero tolerance for that. Plan on giving him a call later.

Your hiring date is not your senority date. It is the first day after you complete your 30 working days. Example if I was hired in Aug 5 1989 and I worked straight through my senority date is Sept 5th 1989

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph
Your hiring date is not your senority date. It is the first day after you complete your 30 working days. Example if I was hired in Aug 5 1989 and I worked straight through my senority date is Sept 5th 1989

Thanks for clarification. HR and a full time on car sup was certain it was your hiring date. It states that in the National Master.
Guess they are wrong.

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph

Attachments

• 1461192011733.jpg
    1461192011733.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 164

Nimnim

The Nim

I doubt it would be different for any outside hiring into a driving position but for me as a PT hire my seniority date reverted to my hire date once I gained seniority. Feb hire date, April 1st received seniority and my seniority is in Feb.

Perhaps local supplements influence it but I don't see it being different under the national.

DOK

You sure about that? Thought it goes back to your hire date if you complete the 30 days within 90 days, did for me, 4 score and 7 years ago though.

Kounter Klockwize

I am probably wrong. Was talking to,some people at ,work about it.
Yes you can file for your center but the air drivers in the other centers no. Your Hire date is not the same as your air driving start date. That is why your o r s changed your seniority. If you have no air driving work you should have a position in the hub (loader unload sort splitter clerk ireg driver ect} Talk to your B A.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, unless you were hired as an air driver, you would need to complete two wage progressions; and your air driving seniority date would be the first day you started the air driving progression. Correct me if I' wrong.