Is your first love ever really over?

A

anonymous6

I found mine on facebook too awhile ago. real good job but looks a little witchy. she asked me to the prom and I declined because I was one of those dudes that thought the prom was a waste of time . ( still do ) anyway she ended up marrying the guy who took her. too young in my opinion.

first love is usually not real. just an infatuation.

A

anonymous6

Im getting brownee points tomorrow sending dozen roses to my wife at school for our 11th anniversary and she has no idea lol. Gotta get them brownee points when your married lol.

sometimes you get a boneus. lol

over9five

Staff member
I would say NO, you never totally lose that love.

And it can return later in life haunting you, as Lineandinitial is finding out.

"I will love you till the end of time,
I would wait a million years...
Promise you'll remember that your mine,
Baby can you see thru the tears?"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was haunted alot before I got remarried. I still am from time to time. The difference is mine is I still see mine, the father of my oldest son. My first boyfriend, and while I will always love him , and I only remember the good times now, When I spend major amounts of time with him, I realize hes fine for a friend, I could never be married to him. But I dont have to wonder what happened to him, I have him on my phone when I want to chat etc.

S

serenity now

I was haunted alot before I got remarried. I still am from time to time. The difference is mine is I still see mine, the father of my oldest son. My first boyfriend, and while I will always love him , and I only remember the good times now, When I spend major amounts of time with him, I realize hes fine for a friend, I could never be married to him. But I dont have to wonder what happened to him, I have him on my phone when I want to chat etc.

speed dial? single digit?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
speed dial? single digit?
I have them listed jerry m, my son and Jerry w him. We always wish each other happy birthday, happy anniversary, we would have been married forty yrs, but only made it two. We laugh about it now. And we text from time to time. Loss of parents, special days, you know, doesnt every ex do that, LOL

S

serenity now

I have them listed jerry m, my son and Jerry w him. We always wish each other happy birthday, happy anniversary, we would have been married forty yrs, but only made it two. We laugh about it now. And we text from time to time. Loss of parents, special days, you know, doesnt every ex do that, LOL

That's nice; really it is.

Oh, I have been married 40 years; it's nothing to write home about.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When my first true Girl left me at end of summer Senior year of H.S lol that's probably a common story !! Thought the world was over !! Then I met her girlfriend two years later and been married to her for 25 yrs last week...couldn't been happier!! I still think of those olden days of 1980 till 1982 about her,but as Serenity put it she's still 16 in my mind !! Wouldn't change a thing !! This song helped me get over her !!

The Cars - Since You're Gone (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) - YouTube

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
So what happened 30 yrs ago that you split ?/
did she marry ??
did you get married ??
Don't leave us hanging !!

id love to find out the entire story too. It took huge amount of guts to post that topic, I know that's guts I don't have.
When I first read his original post, I thought the thread was going to blow up, but less than 60 responses.