Isaac

DownSouthUPS

I have the appropriate insurance and I'm 6 miles north of the beach and back bay. No point in us leaving for this one. I am about to head to the beach to see how it looks though. I'll post a picture in a few.

OldManAllowance

Have been watching the situation...hopefully this is alot of media hype..but just in case please be safe everyone. My best wishes and prayers go out to all affected.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have the appropriate insurance and I'm 6 miles north of the beach and back bay. No point in us leaving for this one. I am about to head to the beach to see how it looks though. I'll post a picture in a few.

DSUps

Our prayers are with all our co-workers along the Gulf and with you and your family.

We have endured destructive weather events this past year.
Most of the time, it seems, we have just moments before that tornado drops it's wrath upon the earth.
Moments between life and death.
Moments that forever re-map that plan called life.

In perspective, those that once called Tuscaloosa or Jasper - HOME
They never had the luxury of days and hours to act or hug each other before it was too late.

Isaac provided the gift of time.

My thoughts to everyone affected by this storm and my thanks to emergency services and everyone else involved in the potential rescue & recovery of people injured, trapped and killed by Isaac.

Please take care.

Keep in mind; those that know you and know you work for UPS -
You are a leader...
The public, your neighbors, will naturally ascribe this role to you
Be strong, call on your training and stand up to accept your role in the community.

Blessings. AJ

I didn't mean to imply you didn't. I just remember after Katrina how the insurance companies played catch 22 with the policy holders. People were covered for flooding but the water damage was determined to be from he roof being ripped off so it's not covered. Or vice versa. Crap like that. We really went over our ins with a fine tooth comb after that.

DownSouthUPS

Yea same with us! The weather here is real windy and little rain. Suppose to start getting worse here in about 30 minutes. But so far all is well. Beach is almost flooded and law enforcement are in full force.

Johney

Prepare for a TON of rain with this one. Two western communities in our area got over 12" of rain there is flooding everywhere. Lots of stops being brought back simply because drivers can't get down streets.

texan

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

DownSouthUPS

It's pretty rough here right now!! Tornado warning and that wind is howling!! Rain looks crazy going sideways! Going to sit on the porch to watch this thing for a while.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
It's pretty rough here right now!! Tornado warning and that wind is howling!! Rain looks crazy going sideways! Going to sit on the porch to watch this thing for a while.

New Orleans - the water topped the Levees.

I am sick with sadness.
They are reporting 12 feet of water flooding in some areas.

menotyou

bella amicizia
No offense to anyone in the thick of this horrible weather situation, but...............

Shouldn't some thought go into whether or not its wise to live below sea level with water pumps ensuring that you are walking around in water to begin with, in an area that is a direct path for hurricanes?

Just a thought.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New Orleans - the water topped the Levees.

I am sick with sadness.
They are reporting 12 feet of water flooding in some areas.

This is misleading. The levees were not breached although there was some topping. There is not 12' of flooding in New Orleans. The levees and pumps are doing their jobs (so far).

texan

Category 1 Hurricane Isaac weakened to a tropical storm this afternoon as maximum sustained winds
dropped to about 70 mph.

Isaac continues to lash Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama with extremely heavy rain, strong
wind, and life-threatening storm surge and flooding.

DownSouthUPS

We are still getting drenched. We have had 11 inches of rain in just 10 hours! The wind is still howling a good bit too. Spotted a funnel cloud earlier above the house but no touchdown thank God.

Johney

We are still getting drenched. We have had 11 inches of rain in just 10 hours! The wind is still howling a good bit too. Spotted a funnel cloud earlier above the house but no touchdown thank God.
I told you it was going to be heavy rain. Two of our western communities had over 15"of rain and 10" came between Monday at 9a.m. and Monday 4p.m. so sit tight get your life jacket ready. There is still 3' of water on some roads in those same communities.