ISIS aka The Islamic State

BrownArmy

"If BUSH had actually accomplished..." (tos)

Bush again ????? Broken record.
Talk about your messiah....he's only around for a short time.

Sorry, in this case, the Bush Administration is wholly to blame (notice I'm not blaming Bush Jr, he's a figurehead, much like Obama).

We wouldn't be dealing with this mess if we hadn't gone into Iraq, which we never needed to do. You can blame Obama, but I blame Cheney, Wolfowitz, et. al. Greeted as liberators? Seriously?

Over 10,000,000,000,000 spent, over 3000 American lives lost, for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Instead, we'll be dealing with this aftermath through the next several Presidential terms.

ISIS is a much graver threat to the Western world than Saddam ever was.

So, in this case, yes, it's entirely the fault of the Bush Administration.

They basically picked Maliki's name out of a hat, and worked with Iran to ensure his election to the Presidency of Iraq. How's that going?

We had absolutely no business going into Iraq, and now we're dealing with the consequences.

So, sorry, yes, this time it really is Bush's fault, because even though his boys orchestrated the entire catastrophe, Bush signed on the dotted line.

More, you're fond of saying that the buck stops with the President...Obama ain't all that great, but in terms of Iraq, let's please place blame where blame is due.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sorry, in this case, the Bush Administration is wholly to blame (notice I'm not blaming Bush Jr, he's a figurehead, much like Obama).

We wouldn't be dealing with this mess if we hadn't gone into Iraq, which we never needed to do. You can blame Obama, but I blame Cheney, Wolfowitz, et. al. Greeted as liberators? Seriously?

Over 10,000,000,000,000 spent, over 3000 American lives lost, for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Instead, we'll be dealing with this aftermath through the next several Presidential terms.

They basically picked Maliki's name out of a hat, and worked with Iran to ensure his election to the Presidency of Iraq. How's that going?

We had absolutely no business going into Iraq, and now we're dealing with the consequences.

So, sorry, yes, this time it really is Bush's fault, because even though his boys orchestrated the entire catastrophe, Bush signed on the dotted line.

More, you're fond of saying that the buck stops with the President...Obama ain't all that great, but in terms of Iraq, let's please place blame where blame is due.

Compare the situation in Iraq when Bush left office with today. Sorry, but the blame is all on Obama.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Compare the situation in Iraq when Bush left office with today. Sorry, but the blame is all on Obama.

that makes no sense.

We spent trillions in iraq. We left it in a shambles. We left millions of dollars in arms and equiptment there, the same equiptment people like ME said would end up in the hands of the ISIS terrorists that hold them now.

You may want to believe everything was perfect when bush left, but then again, youre knowledge of both wars is weak at best and reliant to what you are told by fox news.

TOS.

BrownArmy

Incorrect.

The only way we could have maintained the 'rosy' picture of the situation in Iraq when Bush left office would be to permanently leave 100,000 troops in Iraq FOREVER.

By the way, the situation in Iraq when Bush left office was quite tentative. The only thing that helped was a 'surge', which quieted things down a bit.

Pull troops out? Chaos.

Put more troops in? Better, still crappy.

See the pattern?

I like how you don't address my premise, that we shouldn't even have gone into Iraq, by instead somehow turning it into Obama's fault.

Look, I get it, you're partisan, sectarian even.

You're more like TOS than you realize.

Obama's a pretty crappy President, no doubt.

But to blame the foibles in Iraq on Obama without taking into consideration the MASSIVE FAILURE of the previous administration is disingenuous at best.

av8torntn

that makes no sense.

We spent trillions in iraq. We left it in a shambles. We left millions of dollars in arms and equiptment there, the same equiptment people like ME said would end up in the hands of the ISIS terrorists that hold them now.

You may want to believe everything was perfect when bush left, but then again, youre knowledge of both wars is weak at best and reliant to what you are told by fox news.

TOS.

I think that my knowledge of the two wars is better than yours and I also think that you view is extremely inaccurate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's go back 3 wars .
Vietnam .
Same conditions apply , we left a lot of equipment there for them to defend themselves , and look the same things happened .
Anyone want to blame JFK for that mess too ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Gotta blame Eve for biting that apple..........is that back far enough ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gotta blame Eve for biting that apple..........is that back far enough ?

Still with the space camp stories? Sorry, thats too far back in the way machine mr peabody!

mr-peabody-and-sherman.jpg

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, I'll never say Obama is not to blame........he's responsible for everything since he took office.....the buck is suppose to stop with him.....if we can find a buck!!

Going back that far was to stress to the Bush blamers that Obama is in charge now and therefore should be accountable.

av8torntn

I agree, there was no way Obama could have fixed the FUBAR that the Bush administration left him with in Iraq.

So he lied When he claimed that he left behind a stable and self reliant Iraq?

I do happen to agree with you that team Obama has been completely incompetent if that's your admission.