ISIS aka The Islamic State

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Does one need to be highly educated to know someone is a liar when they claim 10,000 U.S. Service members died in Iraq?

I've noticed that most radical leftists think they have some type of ostentatious intelligence so feel free to break down the 10,000 U.S. Service member death number for me.
Can't speak for whatever you think a "radical leftist" is, but I will say I don't think the number matters. 10,000, 5,000, 241. The deaths are in vain. There is nothing to accomplish long term. We underestimated the irrationality of middle eastern politics.... a classic case of history repeating itself. We have a long track record of making things worse, for us and them. Your obsession with the number seems to be nothing more than a distraction.

av8torntn

Can't speak for whatever you think a "radical leftist" is, but I will say I don't think the number matters. 10,000, 5,000, 241. The deaths are in vain. There is nothing to accomplish long term. We underestimated the irrationality of middle eastern politics.... a classic case of history repeating itself. We have a long track record of making things worse, for us and them. Your obsession with the number seems to be nothing more than a distraction.

That's actually a respectable position. You admit that you don't know and not knowing doesn't matter to your position.

On the other hand your blind disregard to truth is a little disturbing. You're essentially saying that it's ok to lie as long as it supports your beliefs. You should probably open your mind a little but that's your business.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's actually a respectable position. You admit that you don't know and not knowing doesn't matter to your position.

On the other hand your blind disregard to truth is a little disturbing. You're essentially saying that it's ok to lie as long as it supports your beliefs. You should probably open your mind a little but that's your business.
I should open my mind?
This coming from the guy arguing with TOS about how many thousands of troops have died, instead of asking himself why any had to die in the first place. By all means continue your troll flirting with him, sorry to interrupt.

av8torntn

Not in horseshoes.....?
I told you I don't deal in absolutes... why don't you go ahead and get on with whatever point you're trying to make so we can wrap this up, I've just about had my fill of your neocon drivel for the night.

Why the fear to answer? You brought up the topic, addressed it to me, and now you cannot answer a simple question because youn don't deal in absolutes after you claimed any deaths matter.

Wow

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why the fear to answer? You brought up the topic, addressed it to me, and now you cannot answer a simple question because youn don't deal in absolutes after you claimed any deaths matter.

Wow
I'm starting to think you not only don't have a point, but that you don't really even have a question.

av8torntn

Disagree all you want but it's a fact. You said that any deaths should be questioned. I then asked if you oppose the government causing even one death and your answer was that you do not deal in absolutes. I then asked why you feared answering the question. We both know that you fear answering the question because that isn't really your principled position. Your actual position would be that I should only question any death caused by government in something that you oppose.

BrownArmy

We could have left 50K or 100K troops in Iraq in perpetuity.

And when we took those troops out, we'd be looking at a version of what we're looking at now.

Realistically, there's only two options:

1. Do not so much, which is what Obama's doing, both politically and militarily.
2. Go into Iraq with at least 20K troops and get the government to give us the run of the country, which they don't really want to do.

As well, the only way to defeat ISIS is to deal with Syria in a serious fashion.

Which would put our ground troops in two countries, and 20K troops would escalate to 100K faster than you can say 'they'll greet us with roses'.

No real good options...I think Obama's running out the clock.

av8torntn

Not on a single attack in a Iraq there hasn't.

Doesn't matter though. It's all stupid politics on all sides.

I'm not sure about that. It seems to matter to you which is why you seemed to want to blame me for congressional hearings.

To be fair there were probably so many hearing on Iraq that you couldn't even come up with a number. That
is a guess but I am thinking that it would be a full time job to compile all the hearings on Iraq.

av8torntn

So I guess there may be a language barrier here. Allow me to try another way. I accept that you think it is OK to lie to make your point and you claimed that numbers do not matter. I think that we agree on you claiming that. A couple sentences later in the post you made that you quoted you claimed I should question any death. Does one(a number) qualify as any? If it is should you question and oppose anything that the government does that causes one death or only the things that you are told to oppose? Im really interested in how unethical you are willing to be.