ISIS wearing UPS uniforms? Online hoax so convincing it snares Alabama sheriff

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Nov 21, 2015.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

ISIS wearing UPS uniforms? Online hoax so convincing it snares Alabama sheriff - AL

An old online rumor about terrorists donning UPS uniforms is making the rounds again, snaring at least one Alabama law enforcement official who shared the hoax online.

On Wednesday, Talladega County Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore posted a message on his Facebook page
    to offer a warning about the supposed purchase of tens of thousands of uniforms from the delivery service. The message appeared to be coming from the Department of Homeland Security.

2. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Now it because glaringly clear why we need to protect the uniform and make sure it never falls into unauthorized hands!

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

See the part about old online hoax.

4. Packmule

True. A hoax. So far...

5. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

So wearing my turban at work is a bad idea?

6. Packmule

More about not leaving uniform stuff in your personal car where it can easily be stolen. Don't leave a uniform jacket draped over the seat in the truck, lock it up in the back. Just basic common sense stuff.
    Now that our terrorist-in-chief is bringing in thousands of potential terrorists, we need to be more careful than ever.

7. heybobby!

heybobby! Member

I've seen ups shirts,hats and jackets on eBay

8. AllOnTheHorses

AllOnTheHorses Active Member

I'm wearing an ISIS uniform right now.
    Well... actually it's olive oil.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Because our uniforms would be so difficult to reproduce.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The brown color is trademarked. They would get in big trouble if they copied it.

11. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Pullman brown. If they have a death wish trouble don't concern them.

12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

It started as Pullman brown but was later changed to the trademarked UPS brown.

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Oh well, I sure They wouldn't want to get into any trademark infringements before they kill a bunch of people.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

That will scare them.

15. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Evidently no one told the uniform companies over the last dozen years.

My closet has multiple shades of brown uniforms and not just due to laundering.

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Agreed. No two batches of uniforms have the same shade of brown. Even before they fade. Fading isn't as much of an issue though since the new uniforms fall apart before they can fade.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-UPS-trademark-the-color-brown

17. Packmule

If they're gonna use some facsimile of our uniform to commit a terrorist act, at least make them work for it. Wouldn't ever want the news to broadcast the a handful of jihadists obtained their cover by busting a window out of my personal car.