Isn't on area observation over supervising?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Do like I did and call the police and tell them you think someone is following you and stealing packages. That will pretty much put an end to the following. Hey you are being aware of your surroundings. You don't want to dr packages someone is stealing lol lol.

Almost right. You call the police and say your being stalked. UPS managers are so lazy you only have to find the area's of your route where they can spy on you from an easy visible location. Preferably near donuts shops. So just be on your P's and Q's when you know your in an HOT location.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Almost right. You call the police and say your being stalked. UPS managers are so lazy you only have to find the area's of your route where they can spy on you from an easy visible location. Preferably near donuts shops. So just be on your P's and Q's when you know your in an HOT location.

Silly advice. Anyone who would attempt this would set themselves in for reporting a "false crime". Once the circumstances are sorted out, and the police realize that a driver called the police knowing full well it was a supervisor, that driver could be charged with a misdemeanor crime.

TOS.

Ouch

If I see a vehicle I dont know following from a distance how is it filing a false report. If your packages get stolen your going to be asked why you didnt call the police and report it. The non emergency number is set up for instances like this.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Silly advice. Anyone who would attempt this would set themselves in for reporting a "false crime". Once the circumstances are sorted out, and the police realize that a driver called the police knowing full well it was a supervisor, that driver could be charged with a misdemeanor crime.

TOS.

"Knowing full well" Are you for real. All I need is a suspicion to make that call. I see some car following me I'll make that call every time and leave it to them to PROVE my intent. Could be a supervisor, could be not, I'm not taking chances. GET IT!!!

Charged with a crime? Good luck with that one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Knowing full well" Are you for real. All I need is a suspicion to make that call. I see some car following me I'll make that call every time and leave it to them to PROVE my intent. Could be a supervisor, could be not, I'm not taking chances. GET IT!!!

Charged with a crime? Good luck with that one.

It would be one thing if you had no idea who was following you but if you know that a member of your mgt team is following you and you call the police you could be charged with filing a false report. If nothing else you should be charged with wasting their time.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I called the cops on a person following me once. I waited inside a friends house until they showed up as I had High Values on my car. He ended up being our relatively new L.P person whom I hadn't met yet, and was just doing D.R. observations. He actually was impressed by my situational awareness. We ended up getting along pretty well and he's one of the few management people I respected over the years.

Previously I would say make the person aware you know they are following you and that you have noted their license number (assuming you had not identified them as a management person at that time), then determine if the police should be called. I say better safe than sorry in these situations now, especially with the recent holdups we've had showcased on this forum.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
It would be one thing if you had no idea who was following you but if you know that a member of your mgt team is following you and you call the police you could be charged with filing a false report. If nothing else you should be charged with wasting their time.

Prove I knew.

Ouch

A good driver is always aware of his/her surroundings. I see a vehicle following or showing up several times on my route im calling. Not only am I protecting myself but my customers valuables as well. I have no idea who you are. Seems to me the ups employees you see on the news arrested fir stealing is management. Huummmmmmmmm??????? What kind of car you drive Dave?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A good driver is always aware of his/her surroundings. I see a vehicle following or showing up several times on my route im calling. Not only am I protecting myself but my customers valuables as well. I have no idea who you are. Seems to me the ups employees you see on the news arrested fir stealing is management. Huummmmmmmmm??????? What kind of car you drive Dave?

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5S. Charcoal Gray NY Plate NOYDB (None of Your Damn Business)

Stonefish

I never disagreed with you on your vehicle. I said I figured you for a Mercedes guy. Where is the disagreement their?

Don't let him kid you he has one of those smart cars he squeezes into. It's pink with eyelashes over the headlights.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don't let him kid you he has one of those smart cars he squeezes into. It's pink with eyelashes over the headlights.
fiat-500-car-eyelashes.jpg

C

chuchu

How do you get "charged for wasting their time"?

What police article is that under?
Prove the intent. The officer will normally side with the driver.

Try again?

C

chuchu

Charged for wasting the police department's time.
Reread please. Thank you. It's called stalking if the driver wants to press charges. That charge will stick if you can prove a history of harassment that's been documented and the law director will make that call...not the labor manager.

some1else

Sometimes i worry that a theif stole my managers car then is driving it around following me and texting my dr locations to his buddy in a van who is picking em up after i leave the area. Make sure you say you know the car and think it might be stolen...