Isn't UPS just a criminal organization?

upsdude

Profits=Greed?

I guess it’s OK for the companies we own stock in (think 401K and Teamster retirement plans) to make a buck. I guess we’re just as “Greedy” as they are.

upsdude

SSHHHhhh King. If you let out that company secret, we will have to fit you for those cement shoes. And we dont want that now, do we?

Ok Folks, nothing here to see, nothing at all, just go about your regular programing.

d

Isn't this where Cheryl should walk in and say "King, with the mob stuff I'm going to block you". Then King says, "Look, I'm sorry, here's Vinny's package car, I want you to have it".

browniehound

Brownie, No I did not mean to imply that all mgt, or for that matter all labor(us) is bad. I know (and I think most every one will agree) that there are good and bad in all walks of life.
Generally speaking I was agreeing with King and Bad. Some of UPS's tactics are unethical. I have been lied to by 'some' of my mgt team. I have been harrassed by 'some' of my mgt team. I have had my timecard altered. There are days when I hate the way this company operates,ethically speaking (this past week especially), BUT I love my job and I won't quit.

I do my best to keep my mgt team towing the line and there are days when that is not an easy task. Then I talk to Danny and he reminds me of what there is to gain from my job. 33 years to say the least, and I can never attain that.

Do not feel ridiculous in saying something that has been said a 1000 times. Maybe someone missed it the first 999.

Dilligaf,
I can't argue with your statement.

K

King Leonidas

King, it doesn't matter what you think. Every word of your post could be 100% correct.

The problem with your argument is that UPS is a legitimate company that has been for over 100 years. UPS pays its taxes and dosen't break any laws. You make them sound like the Gambino family in its hey-day.QUOTE]

What about the OPL scam? UPS set up an offshore insurance company to avoid being regulated and taxed and ended up paying heavy fines. They also recently violated lunch and break regulations in California. How many OSHA violations incur each year? UPS is a stain all over the OSHA website. UPS regularly violates the law. Look at the way they treat our own contract, that should give you some insight on how they operate.

satellitedriver

Cheryl might be busy, so I had "No nose Nick" and "Louie the lug wrench" pay the "king" a little visit on his last post.
This is not Thermoplylae and UPS is not the army of Xeres.
You fight in the shade, but no arrows are falling to block the sun, king.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cheryl might be busy, so I had "No nose Nick" and "Louie the lug wrench" pay the "king" a little visit on his last post.
This is not Thermoplylae and UPS is not the army of Xeres.
You fight in the shade, but no arrows are falling to block the sun, king.

and yet again too funny, roflmao

If you guys don't stop I'm going to pee my pants:whiteflag:

UPS runs its company without regard for honesty or ethics. Most of its managers and supervisors lie, cheat, harass, intimidate and fabricate. Some steal from the workers by altering timecards. They care little for safety. Decent UPS people reject any possibility of entering UPS management so they draw from their worst employees. What possible redeaming qualities could a company like this have? Is there any real future working here?
A nice paycheck
cool free uniforms
the friendships we make with our coworkers
interesting dogs we meet on route
Hotties in skimpy outfits
wet feet
late nights
and missing your kids ballgames

Catatonic

Nine Lives
King, it doesn't matter what you think. Every word of your post could be 100% correct.

The problem with your argument is that UPS is a legitimate company that has been for over 100 years. UPS pays its taxes and dosen't break any laws. You make them sound like the Gambino family in its hey-day.QUOTE]

What about the OPL scam? UPS set up an offshore insurance company to avoid being regulated and taxed and ended up paying heavy fines.

They also recently violated lunch and break regulations in California.
How many OSHA violations incur each year? UPS is a stain all over the OSHA website.
UPS regularly violates the law.
Look at the way they treat our own contract, that should give you some insight on how they operate.

UPS did not have to pay any fines.
UPS did have to pay large legal bills to fight off the mafia government trying to extort protection money.

I don't live in CA so I don't follow closely but CA is one of those state government that try to finance their over spending by going after large corporations and fining and taxing them for anything they can think of.
UPS spends an inordinate amount of time in litigation with the State of California. I have been involved in gathering evidence for a few of them.

As to the other point, UPS is no different from other companies whose job are highly physical in nature.

I'm not aware of UPS violating the law but some of it's employees might.

A contract has to be managed and compliance ensured by both sides. There are terms and conditions within the contract and any violations of the T&C must be rigorously protected by both sides.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
This company is truly the 'American Dream' to its founders. UPS is no different than any mega-large company in corporate America. The faults you suggested exist in every large company in our great country.

If UPS's founders saw our current state of affairs in a dream they'd have considered the dream a nightmare. Their dream wasn't to be like every other company in corporate America.