isp is it good for owners?

bbsam

Staff member
Seems like it could be a decent deal. Might put it out there to see if anyone else would like to up the bid.

porgy

does anyone really know if isp is coming to new york? If isp is coming I would want to get out. If it is not I would want to keep the route.

HomeDelivery

the buzz at fedexaminer says it may come nationwide

a few contractors at my terminal already sold their routes (or "joined forces") to conform to the incoming ISP model

start networking in your terminal to prepare to merge with other contractors and form one corp, just in case it does come to your state if you want to keep your route

good luck in the future

porgy

home delivery,

While I do have a plan in place if isp comes(with 2 other great drivers). I just think things will become very complicated and can almost gaurantee problems in the future amongst us. I think all resale value is lost as nobody will buy these routes all together because the contract is only 3 or 5 years. Has anybody gone through the isp? If so, can they tell me what to expect and what the biggest problems that pop up are.
Thanks in advance

HomeDelivery

i think bbsam's area has recently been converted... ask him

or you can goto that fedexaminer's site and ask those that has already converted

good to know that you've got a plan B

bbsam

Staff member
Porgy,I would be somewhat wary of incorporating with other contractors. While I have seen it done successfully, i've. Also seen it create signicant problems. Remember one of you would hold be the contact for fedex and the others essentially shareholders. So fedex cares about that relationship and not how your internal disagreements stand, if that makes any sense.