ISP Questions

kickpackage1

Can anyone gives the details on how the new ISP model will work do you have to wear a FedEx Uniform , do you have to have and pay for the FedEx Logo on the trucks and does the new ISP model mean that the truck owners need to have their own D.O.T number on trucks or will it still be the FedEx D.O.T number. If you could anyone that is already involved in the new ISP could you send a lot of feed back on how well it is working and what the downsides are of it the reason is because I have a couple of friends wanting to now cause basically they would rather here it from people already involved then here the FedEx version. We all want the Peoples version in other words the real version

soc151

Uniforms: you buy. Fedex pays you for "brand promotion" for having your employees wear them.

Decals: Fedex supplies. using them is optional, but their use is also tied into "brand promotion".

Trucks: run under fedex 's DOT, since you will be leasing your equipment to fedex.

kickpackage1

Uniforms: you buy. Fedex pays you for "brand promotion" for having your employees wear them.

Decals: Fedex supplies. using them is optional, but their use is also tied into "brand promotion".

Trucks: run under fedex 's DOT, since you will be leasing your equipment to fedex.
Thx for the info ...

gixxer squid

[quote="soc151, Trucks: run under fedex 's DOT, since you will be leasing your equipment to fedex.[/quote]

?? why am I going to lease my trucks to fedex when I own them outright in my corporation?

bbsam

Staff member
[quote="soc151, Trucks: run under fedex 's DOT, since you will be leasing your equipment to fedex.

?? why am I going to lease my trucks to fedex when I own them outright in my corporation?[/quote]
I think it has to do with that's how you are covered under their indemnity insurance whenever packages are on board. Very expensive to buy your own.

kickpackage1

[quote="soc151, Trucks: run under fedex 's DOT, since you will be leasing your equipment to fedex.

?? why am I going to lease my trucks to fedex when I own them outright in my corporation?[ That is a very good question so if if the trucks are leased to fedex then fedex should be paying all owners money ever month for saying they are leasing

It will be fine

It's not that type of lease. They aren't buying the truck. It's a strange use of the word. They are indicating they are the motor carrier insuring compliance with all the DOT regulations. They are saying that your trucks can carry their DOT number and transport their cargo.

Exec32

First post...
I am a contractor in NC, I have been trying to gather information about this new ISP model. I have a few questions I hope someone out there can provide some input on....

1. Negotiating a contract, I understand this can lead to a few humerous post, however the question is what are you negotiating, the per stop reimbursement or are you negotiating seperate items as it relates to your settlement. (Core zone, mileage, pick-ups)
2. Does the new model include the incentive bonuses or are these to be accounted for by you when determining your "negotiated rate, or contract". (Monthly and quarterly bonuses)
3. Are we really going to be scheduling our own pick-ups? Is this directly through the sales rep?, or are you just being told when to do it? Try to be serious in your response please.....

I am just trying to gather information to prepare and make decisions. If you could, please provide some information if you are a contractor that has already been through this transition, and how that experience formed your own decisions. In other words I'm trying to medigate as much pain as possible

STFXG

Most what you are asking has been posted on mygroundbiz for a good 5 years or so. Just read one of the ISP transition packets.