Israel

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ask Sheldon Adelson if he'll send some your way. He's from Israel and he hates America, so he's giving huge amounts of money to the Romney campaign so Mitt will attack Iran if he gets elected. You'd better hope that Adelson doesn't hate Canada too, or Mitt will be destroying Saskatoon in search of centrifuges and WMD.

Anyone who is against your way of thinking hate America and they are racist.....
Do you ever hear yourself?
Mitt Romney is just a man, not an evil force in the world............

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone who is against your way of thinking hate America and they are racist.....
Do you ever hear yourself?
Mitt Romney is just a man, not an evil force in the world............

Mitt Romney is an evil man, owned outright by Corporate America. I never said he was racist, although his proposed policies certainly are...and also sexist, ageist,and Neanderthal. Adelson, who is one of Mitt's owners, loves Israel more than America, even though it was American capitalism that earned him his fortune. Anyone who supports Mitt Romney hates America because Mitt Romney wants to destroy America. Therefore, the Right Wing hates America...but they love Jesus. Go figure.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are not worth my time.......

Sorry that you cannot see the truth of the Right's hatred of this country. You've supported it's economic failure for the last 2 years just so the GOP can try and pin-it on that skinny guy from Kenya. I'm glad it's OK to perpetuate high unemployment for political gain in your world, but in mine, it's a sin against God to make people suffer so one political party can blame the other. Whenever Obama proposed anything to improve employment, the Right shot it down. Mr. Boehner, where are the jobs!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The reality is that Israel simply does not have the firepower or the equipment to launch the sort of sustained aerial campaign that would be required to take out Irans nuclear facilities, many of which are underground and therefore impervious to normal conventional weapons.
A successful attack would require long range stealth aircraft ( which Israel does not have) dropping bunker- buster bombs (which Israel does not have) on hardened, well-defended targets that are far beyond the range of Israels friend-15's and friend-16's unless they refuel in midar over friendly airspace ( access to which Israel does not have).

What israel DOES have...is about 200 low- yield tactical nuclear warheads that can be dropped by aircraft or launched on Jericho missiles. If they are bound and determined to destroy Irans nuclear capability, then the ONLY choice they have is to use nukes of their own.

In order to avoid pissing off the few allies they have, they will not be able to overfly Iraq or Turkey. It is widely believed that Saudi Arabia would (initially at least) turn a blind eye towards Israeli overflights of its airspace, since the Saudis hate Iran as much as Israel does. In other words..."the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

BrownArmy

The reality is that Israel simply does not have the firepower or the equipment to launch the sort of sustained aerial campaign that would be required to take out Irans nuclear facilities, many of which are underground and therefore impervious to normal conventional weapons.
A successful attack would require long range stealth aircraft ( which Israel does not have) dropping bunker- buster bombs (which Israel does not have) on hardened, well-defended targets that are far beyond the range of Israels friend-15's and friend-16's unless they refuel in midar over friendly airspace ( access to which Israel does not have).

What israel DOES have...is about 200 low- yield tactical nuclear warheads that can be dropped by aircraft or launched on Jericho missiles. If they are bound and determined to destroy Irans nuclear capability, then the ONLY choice they have is to use nukes of their own.

In order to avoid pissing off the few allies they have, they will not be able to overfly Iraq or Turkey. It is widely believed that Saudi Arabia would (initially at least) turn a blind eye towards Israeli overflights of its airspace, since the Saudis hate Iran as much as Israel does. In other words..."the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Correct.

Yet: context.

What we don't need is Sheldon Adelson, who has bankrolled (aside from Gingrich, and now Romney) a completely pro-Netanyahu, pro-Israeli-hawk newspaper publication which is journalistically bankrupt and is trying to get America into (yet another pointless) war, this time against Iran.

Just saying.

av8torntn

Sorry that you cannot see the truth of the Right's hatred of this country. You've supported it's economic failure for the last 2 years just so the GOP can try and pin-it on that skinny guy from Kenya. I'm glad it's OK to perpetuate high unemployment for political gain in your world, but in mine, it's a sin against God to make people suffer so one political party can blame the other. Whenever Obama proposed anything to improve employment, the Right shot it down. Mr. Boehner, where are the jobs!!

So you guys are finally going to stop blaming Bush and now it's going to be the speaker of the house? If that's going to be the new mantra I predict a loss for your side as difficult as it is to beat a sitting President. You are basically admitting your guy has no leadership ability and no ability to find compromise.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So you guys are finally going to stop blaming Bush and now it's going to be the speaker of the house? If that's going to be the new mantra I predict a loss for your side as difficult as it is to beat a sitting President. You are basically admitting your guy has no leadership ability and no ability to find compromise.

Our guy is doing just fine by Israel, and I agree that we don't need a rich "Nuke Iran" hawk like Adelson spending millions on Romney. Think Mitt will owe him if he gets elected? What a great way to stimulate the economy...another useless war. Boehner and McConnell's whole agenda is to make Obama look bad, even if it hurts the unemployed. Neither of these two know what compromise means.

av8torntn

Our guy is doing just fine by Israel, and I agree that we don't need a rich "Nuke Iran" hawk like Adelson spending millions on Romney. Think Mitt will owe him if he gets elected? What a great way to stimulate the economy...another useless war. Boehner and McConnell's whole agenda is to make Obama look bad, even if it hurts the unemployed. Neither of these two know what compromise means.

First your side controls the Senate so you can't really have a problem with McConnell.

Second wars only destroy much like other government efforts to stimulate the economy.

av8torntn

One might conclude that AV has finally read Smedley Butler and agrees.
:wink:

Never really had much in common with Marines. It's just that there really isn't much stimulating about war. War is very efficient at causing destruction of capital and misallocation of resources. I've always been opposed to a very large standing Army and have viewed it as more of a jobs program than a national defense method. That doesn't make me opposed to war or an efficient standing Army.

BrownArmy

Never really had much in common with Marines. It's just that there really isn't much stimulating about war. War is very efficient at causing destruction of capital and misallocation of resources. I've always been opposed to a very large standing Army and have viewed it as more of a jobs program than a national defense method. That doesn't make me opposed to war or an efficient standing Army.

Translation?

wkmac

I'm in total opposition to war but I completely support self defense and what force is necessary to repel actual aggression. For the most part, my observation of war is always to the benefit of narrow self interested parties and not always the people at large although the myths and stories are that it's the people's interest being protected.

Your observation of war being a negative in the area of economics is dead on and I'm in agreement. It is in this area that the people's interest are actually harmed thus IMO destroying the myth that war is necessary to protect said interest.

wkmac

Nuclear Israel - The Samson Option - YouTube

Iran can never be threatened in its very existence. Israel can. Indeed, such a threat could even grow out of the current intifada. That, at least, is the pessimistic opinion of Martin van Creveld, professor of military history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. 'If it went on much longer,' he said, 'the Israeli government [would] lose control of the people. In campaigns like this, the anti-terror forces lose, because they don't win, and the rebels win by not losing. I regard a total Israeli defeat as unavoidable. That will mean the collapse of the Israeli state and society. We'll destroy ourselves.'
In this situation, he went on, more and more Israelis were coming to regard the 'transfer' of the Palestinians as the only salvation; resort to it was growing 'more probable' with each passing day. Sharon 'wants to escalate the conflict and knows that nothing else will succeed'.
But would the world permit such ethnic cleansing? 'That depends on who does it and how quickly it happens. We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: "Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother." I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.'

The War Game