Issue concerning a delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin33

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes.. I was supposed to receive a package today, but it never got here and now the shipment status has just changed to : Exception / The package was left in a UPS facility. It's unfortunately too late to call 1-800-PICKUPS, and I was wondering if anyone knew that that meant. Will another delivery attempt be made or will I have to go pick it up myself? Also, is there a particular reason why my package never made it?

Thanks!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It means just that: the package was left in your local UPS facility and never made in onto a delivery truck for delivery. Unfortunately, this sometimes happens when packages are overlooked, despite safeguards in place to prevent such from happening. Alternatively, do you live in a region affected by weekend weather? Due to an ongoing massive storm, (where I work) we had a large number of employees call in, thus we were unable to complete the sort which left packages on trailers that ultimately received the exception scan you're seeing. It doesn't happen very often -- the last time we were unable to complete a sort was nearly three years ago.

The package will be loaded onto a truck for delivery tomorrow. You'll still get three delivery attempts (if necessary, few packages require signatures these days).

Kevin33

Thank you for your answers! Weather hasn't been a major issue in my area, so I don't think that would be the problem. So, should I call UPS first thing tomorrow morning to schedule another delivery or will my packaged be processed normally ASAP?

Kevin33

If my tracking information is still showing the same "Exception" at this time of day, should I assume that it may not get delivered today neither or may the tracking be updated later during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.