Issue with return and package not being scanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jev425

I had a amazon return that I dropped off Friday 8/5 before the last pickup time(prepaid shipping label from amazon). I always use this store when I have returns and never had an issue before. It is now Monday night and the status on the tracking number is still on "ready for ups" like it never was scanned at the store. Normally this ups store doesn't offer a receipt considering its a preprinted label. I never worried about it since I never had any issues like this come up. They were really busy and the guy behind the counter asked if it was just a drop off and I said yes, handing the package to him and going on my way, like any other time.

Went in to the ups store this morning(monday) and said it was possible it was on the truck but maybe got delayed and should possibly be scanned in by today, but like I said the status has not change yet. It is a decent value return which has me worried. I hate to assume anything but....any ideas what can be done? Not sure UPS can do much since ups store is franchise and they have no "control" until it gets into the ups drivers hands

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Sounds like either the driver didn't pick it up on Friday, or he did but got back to the building so late that it didn't make the Friday local sort. If that happened, it wouldn't get a scan until tonight. If it still only shows 'ready for UPS' tomorrow morning then I'd be worried. But there'd still be nothing you could really do. Sucks.

jev425

^ that is what has me worried. All other returns I've made have at least gotten a "dropped off at ups store(location)" type of scan at the actual store. I hate to assume sticky fingers but considering there was never an update(scan) to a store computer....

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
^ that is what has me worried. All other returns I've made have at least gotten a "dropped off at ups store(location)" type of scan at the actual store. I hate to assume sticky fingers but considering there was never an update(scan) to a store computer....

Well if what you said about the guy being busy when you dropped it off is true, he probably simply forgot to scan it. Happens all the time with the amount of returns they get at UPS stores. The troublesome thing is the fact that it didn't get a scan at the building, especially tonight. I could see it missing Friday and sitting until Monday but it should have gotten a scan now. Most twilight shifts around the country are just about wrapped up now, even on the west coast. Still I'd wait until morning to really start worrying. Was your return in a plain amazon box? If so, I wouldn't worry about theft. We get so many returns folks I would imagine even any dishonest folks wouldn't bother with those.

jev425

Well if what you said about the guy being busy when you dropped it off is true, he probably simply forgot to scan it. Happens all the time with the amount of returns they get at UPS stores. The troublesome thing is the fact that it didn't get a scan at the building, especially tonight. I could see it missing Friday and sitting until Monday but it should have gotten a scan now. Most twilight shifts around the country are just about wrapped up now, even on the west coast. Still I'd wait until morning to really start worrying. Was your return in a plain amazon box? If so, I wouldn't worry about theft. We get so many returns folks I would imagine even any dishonest folks wouldn't bother with those.

Yeah a plain box with the amazon tape. I am now wishing I had gotten a receipt. I do have a receipt for tape that I had to buy there to attach the shipping label, not that it means much but anything helps I guess. I've tried to contact amazon but all I get are bots, so its about as useful as talking to myself. I was hoping either amazon or the ups store have some kind of insurance on these type of things. I can see amazon having something along those lines in case something gets lost and it is a return...not sure how they work though. Not sure what the ups store could really do, possibly look at camera footage? maybe they have insurance for these type of things. I will be going in tomorrow morning to hopefully get it resolved or get the ball rolling one way or the other. It is a camera lens...not cheap, so I am on the hook for a hefty price on that, as we speak....

I had a amazon return that I dropped off Friday 8/5 before the last pickup time(prepaid shipping label from amazon). I always use this store when I have returns and never had an issue before. It is now Monday night and the status on the tracking number is still on "ready for ups" like it never was scanned at the store. Normally this ups store doesn't offer a receipt considering its a preprinted label. I never worried about it since I never had any issues like this come up. They were really busy and the guy behind the counter asked if it was just a drop off and I said yes, handing the package to him and going on my way, like any other time.

Went in to the ups store this morning(monday) and said it was possible it was on the truck but maybe got delayed and should possibly be scanned in by today, but like I said the status has not change yet. It is a decent value return which has me worried. I hate to assume anything but....any ideas what can be done? Not sure UPS can do much since ups store is franchise and they have no "control" until it gets into the ups drivers hands
As @barnyard would say.

image (3).gif

StoptheAct1212

Not making fun of you. Or testing you..
1st question. Did it say Usps or Ups.
Alot of customers think we are the same. And we get handed packages all the time..
2nd question.
Did it have a actual Ups Shipping label or just the Ra (return Authorization) printout from amazon. Which people think is a shipping label..

3rd thing. Around 9 am today recheck the status... if not you may have a issue...

Sometimes a package may have been but in a usps pile by accident and then it goes to the post office. Will not be picked up to following day, and re scanned till late at night....
Hope i was a honest help.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

How well did you attach your label to the package? If like a vast majority of Amazon returns you used the bare amount of tape to attach your label a good bet is that your label got ripped off during either the the unload process or its trip through the UPS facility. Did you include your return bar code inside the package as Amazon instructs you to? If you did then the overgoods people at UPS would attach a different tracking number and a label onto the package and sent it on its way to the closest Amazon return center and Amazon whenever they get around to unloading that trailer will have an idea that you returned your package. Takes around a week at the closest one here for them to get to the trailers. Keep calling Amazon for a status update. Nothing we can do here or at UPS

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How well did you attach your label to the package? If like a vast majority of Amazon returns you used the bare amount of tape to attach your label a good bet is that your label got ripped off during either the the unload process or its trip through the UPS facility. Did you include your return bar code inside the package as Amazon instructs you to? If you did then the overgoods people at UPS would attach a different tracking number and a label onto the package and sent it on its way to the closest Amazon return center and Amazon whenever they get around to unloading that trailer will have an idea that you returned your package. Takes around a week at the closest one here for them to get to the trailers. Keep calling Amazon for a status update. Nothing we can do here or at UPS
Not a good attitude, just saying. Placing all the blame on the customer. Pretty snooty.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not a good attitude, just saying. Placing all the blame on the customer. Pretty snooty.
You know how he is. Just like it's never his fault at the counter. It's always the poor customer who just wants their cell phone before they leave the country. But will he ever go search for it? Noooooo. He's too good to leave his air conditioning to sweat in the warehouse searching the little 53' trailer. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You people keeping trying to help these people and they'll keep coming around.

Op try Facebook or the 800 number. This is not a ups website.

Status
Not open for further replies.