Issued one day suspension issued, but never served

Hi all, this is my first post. I have always been a spectator of this forum but due to the subject at hand I now need to participate. Long story short I was issued a one day suspension five months ago for attendance. Upon receiving that right up I was never scheduled to actually serve the one day suspension. Recently I have called off again about 5 days ago. Now they want to give me a three day suspension. My question is since I have not technically served that one day suspension can they still issue a three day suspension? Or should it still stand as a one day? Thanks ahead of time for the reply.

P.s other than not giving me a date to serve my one day Suspension they have followed all the rules for all progressive write ups.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
why are you calling off so much? if it's medical or a family hardship you may qualify for FMLA. check with HR and they will give you a guideline pamphlet.

if it is just for your personal pleasure then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hi all, this is my first post. I have always been a spectator of this forum but due to the subject at hand I now need to participate. Long story short I was issued a one day suspension five months ago for attendance. Upon receiving that right up I was never scheduled to actually serve the one day suspension. Recently I have called off again about 5 days ago. Now they want to give me a three day suspension. My question is since I have not technically served that one day suspension can they still issue a three day suspension? Or should it still stand as a one day? Thanks ahead of time for the reply.

P.s other than not giving me a date to serve my one day Suspension they have followed all the rules for all progressive write ups.
Did you grieve the original 1 day suspension?

Yes it is a working suspension. Hurt ankle outside of work and once acutely sick. If I knew what I know now I would have probably done it differently. But I just wanted to know the question at hand with the one day suspension, just to see if it should still stand or not.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes it is a working suspension. Hurt ankle outside of work and once acutely sick. If I knew what I know now I would have probably done it differently. But I just wanted to know the question at hand with the one day suspension, just to see if it should still stand or not.
Did you grieve the original suspension?
What is your steward and or business agent telling you?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if you want help here you have to supply all the details. if you are vague about the issue how can you expect an intelligent response?

working suspension or not , it seems ( given what you have posted ) that the company is following the rules with regard to progression.

Yes we did grieve the original and lost which I understand. Due to me not having a dr. note and what not. My shop stuart is going to fight the three day with this one day suspension argument. I was just trying to see if this was an issue that has been resolved before. I am a seven year employee that is new to this attendance policy. I have never had problems due to me not calling off much.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes we did grieve the original and lost which I understand. Due to me not having a dr. note and what not. My shop stuart is going to fight the three day with this one day suspension argument. I was just trying to see if this was an issue that has been resolved before. I am a seven year employee that is new to this attendance policy. I have never had problems due to me not calling off much.
Uh, it's Steward

Aw s#&@ sorry pretty nervous. I really do appreciate the input on everything. If anything I am using this situation as motivation to stop with these bs occasional call offs. Fyi I am a newer cover driver in socal as of sept 2014. The job can suck sometimes with the orion trace and the constant electronic monitoring, but I really do love the job and want to excel :-)

Holydriver

friend it man. You obviously like not working, right? Take the suspension and consider it a free 3 day worm sanctioned vacation. Then walk into your center while suspended to pick up your pay check, but walk in there like Peter from office space so your managers can see that you don't give a friend.

BrownTexas

How are you being disciplined for a few days off when you have 7 years of seniority? Do you not have option days?!?!? Those option days should cover your attendance. If they pay you for the day, they cannot write you up as well.

How are you being disciplined for a few days off when you have 7 years of seniority? Do you not have option days?!?!? Those option days should cover your attendance. If they pay you for the day, they cannot write you up as well.
My center has a crazy strong union. So I feel like they write up people like crazy just to keep the pressure on. I know that I will win this case because I have some dr. Notes to prove legitimacy, but my supervisors response to that was "we are still going to go through with the write up and you'll have to grieve it". Its all just a waste of time. My center also does not like to schedule cover drivers for option days. Every time I ask they say that they need us... I know %75 or more of the routes. Think that might have to do with it.

friend it man. You obviously like not working, right? Take the suspension and consider it a free 3 day worm sanctioned vacation. Then walk into your center while suspended to pick up your pay check, but walk in there like Peter from office space so your managers can see that you don't give a friend.
They did it again! They gave me a 3 day without scheduling it. These write ups are a joke. I have never seen anybody get fired for attendance but I still feel the burn from the stupid paper trail.

You aren't allowed on company property while you are suspended.

PT Crazy

Why don't you stop with the call offs and work like the rest of us? You get paid vacations, personal days and holidays. How many more days off do you need? Find another job that gives you this many paid days off.....