Issues during qualifying..

You don't know you are going to be DQ'ed. But do talk to your BA and keep a log to document your training route. May just be using you to plug holes and have already decided to qualify you. Keep your BA informed but don't rock the boat until you have to.

oldngray

nowhere special
You could look at it as a good sign that UPS feels confident of your ability to get the work delivered even if its in different areas. And whether they admit or not, they are aware that doing that messes up your numbers. If they try to DQ you after doing that to you then you will have a valid gripe but I agree they may have already decided to qualify you (as long as you don't hit anything). Just keep doing your best and wait and see. Not much else you can do at this point.

BUCN85

You could look at it as a good sign that UPS feels confident of your ability to get the work delivered even if its in different areas. And whether they admit or not, they are aware that doing that messes up your numbers. If they try to DQ you after doing that to you then you will have a valid gripe but I agree they may have already decided to qualify you (as long as you don't hit anything). Just keep doing your best and wait and see. Not much else you can do at this point.
I do agree not to stir the pot until necessary. I'm already doing this for being paid mileage to go to the hub I'm training at when this is done I'm brining it up to the union.
As far as them qualifying me. I just don't know because if I'm never able to run scratch because of not having any consistency. How can they qualify you with out scratch. Is it at their discretion or a higher "ups" discretion

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Would you suggest waiting to see of I get dq"d.

Wait until they disqualify you.

A preemptive strike won't help. That alone.... would cause them to react.

I do agree not to stir the pot until necessary. How can they qualify you with out scratch ?

Running scratch is not contractual.

Just remember.... during you qualification period, they can DQ you for anything.

Don't give them a reason.

If you file a grievance now.... their impression is, they will have to deal with it your entire career.

Don't show your cards, this early. (Cue: Kenny Rogers)

-Bug-

BUCN85

Don't show your cards, this early. (Cue: Kenny Rogers)

-Bug-
Lol

Well the hub I am actually trying to qualify for knows the kind of worker i am and never cause issues. I've been preload for 7 years and seasonal and air driver. I guess it's just a waiting game. I'm 14 days in and have had only 2 days of the same work. And maybe only 3 days of actual 8 hour planned days the rest have been 6.5-7.5. So I really haven't been given a fair chance to improve of the same work.

BUCN85

Strange twist. That center no longer needs me. I'm being brought back to my home center to finish my 30 days. Isn't this an automatic qualification?

BUCN85

They can add or subtract work.

But, if they stick you on a different route during your qualification period....

The company has "bought" you. (meaning automatic qualification)

Nice Avatar. :biggrin:

-Bug-
Wouldn't my latest scenario be this case?

BUCN85

I hate to keep addressing this but I hate not having answers. I find it very odd how 3 drivers told me this situation should be an auto qualify yet I asked the on road and even my BA but they don't know. If my BA doesn't know how exactly do I go about bringing this to the attention of whomever. I'm guessing the center manager when not even my BA knows. I would just like to know I'm good to go to take less stress off me trying to qualify on a new route in only 15 days. Not whining. Just saying

barnyard

KTM rider
I thought it was at least 3 threads.

It's hard to keep track of all the noob whining.

There sure does seem to be an awful lot of it this year too.

Plus, the "I just did the tour for PT" threads are starting again.

FFS. No one can do a simple search.