Isuzu Truck Questions

I am an Isuzu Truck rep for Summit Truck Group. We have Isuzu dealerships in the the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

I'd like to use this thread to answer any questions you may have no matter where you are located.

I may be able to answer questions on other brands of trucks as well. I look forward to helping out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am an Isuzu Truck rep for Summit Truck Group. We have Isuzu dealerships in the the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

I'd like to use this thread to answer any questions you may have no matter where you are located.

I may be able to answer questions on other brands of trucks as well. I look forward to helping out.
Ohhhh. This is gonna be good. I don't know of one person who drives or works on the Isuzu's who likes them. Good luck with this.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Not a question, just a comment. I vastly preferred your NPR (GMC/Chevy W4) over the Mitsu Fuso.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How come the turning radius is so ridiculously long

How come they have less power than a 1964 Volkswagen

How come they have no discernible suspension

How come the plastic side panels get dinged and pitted after just a few weeks on rock roads

On the plus they do have a low step and power steering

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How come the turning radius is so ridiculously long

How come they have less power than a 1964 Volkswagen

How come they have no discernible suspension

How come the plastic side panels get dinged and pitted after just a few weeks on rock roads

On the plus they do have a low step and power steering
How come they're crap?

The turning radius is long compared to what? I not sure there is a truck with a better turning radius then the Isuzu.

You running gas of Diesel? Low horse power in the diesel offers better mpg.

The suspension is actually heavier than the GVWR on most models.

Plastics side panels. Are you referencing the trim piece at the bottom of the door above the wheel?

I deal in many commercial brands other than Isuzu and (ford, international, Mack, Volvo, kenworth) and I have to say Isuzu is the most reliable commercial truck we sell.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The turning radius is long compared to what? I not sure there is a truck with a better turning radius then the Isuzu.

Plastics side panels. Are you referencing the trim piece at the bottom of the door above the wheel?

I deal in many commercial brands other than Isuzu and (ford, international, Mack, Volvo, kenworth) and I have to say Isuzu is the most reliable commercial truck we sell.
And according to our mechanics, the least reliable vehicle in my building out of 5 different kinds.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Most members of this forum will be referring to the Isuzu Reach Step Van. Never drove one myself. Became rather partial to the Workhorse/gas motor myself (can't remember the body mfg, maybe MorganOlsen?).

(In before the lock):yesssmileyf:

Last edited:
Most members of this forum will be referring to the Isuzu Reach Step Van. Never drove one myself. Became rather partial to the Workhorse/gas motor myself (can't remember the body mfg, maybe MorganOlsen?).

(In before the lock):yesssmileyf:

Thank you. I am not as familiar with the Reach product. I am more familiar with the LCF. In our market we have not sold one Reach van.

dex 84

Thank you. I am not as familiar with the Reach product. I am more familiar with the LCF. In our market we have not sold one Reach van.

That's the Isuzu truck that FedEx uses most. I don't have any issues with the turning radius (much better than a Sprinter) but it is pretty much a piece of crap. It only holds like 16 gallons, have to refuel pretty much every day. Going over any size bump over 5 mph and your ass is getting air off the seat. The bulkhead door sucks, it gets to be real hard to open and close so you pretty much have to leave the truck running all day which is difficult to do because if you idle in park or neutral for more than a couple minutes the engine shuts off. The doors don't do much to keep the cold outside air out of the cab, especially when you're on the highway. The A/C often blows hot air instead of cold. The backup camera can get fogged up from condensation, rendering it nearly useless. The high beam headlights aren't much brighter than the low beams, and can not be on at the same time. That's all I can think of right now, but I know there's more...

Star B

White Lightening
The only complaint I have about the LCF is the suspension. Any bumps turn the cab into a springy mess, even with some weight in the back. God help you if you go over any speed bump faster than 1 mile a decade.

The reach... whoo boy. I like the fact it's a low step, tighter turning radius than the sprinter, and the cargo area is accessible using the rfid... but that's it. The engine is under powered and loud, the lack of an air seat keeps my chiro in business, the climate control only helps a little, traction is non-existent in winter, and the fact that everything rattles, no matter the speed. I had to wear earplugs the second day I had to use it for the shuttle.

I do get the point of them. They are designed to be a 11+ SPH truck deployed where the avg speed limit is 30 with 50-70f weather and smooth city streets. Get outside of those parameters and the flaws are apparent and in your face.

Last edited:

bacha29

Express had one out where I worked for a couple of days. Absolutely could not keep the thing in brake seals. Undercarriage too light. Engine badly under powered. Might work in Toyko but not Timbuktu. If Express wants something that will work out in the jing weeds go a some old U.S. Army deuce and a halves.