Isuzu Truck Questions

fedexgurl

I am an Isuzu Truck rep for Summit Truck Group. We have Isuzu dealerships in the the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

I'd like to use this thread to answer any questions you may have no matter where you are located.

I may be able to answer questions on other brands of trucks as well. I look forward to helping out.

I drive one. I hate it! They are bad on your back. On the positive note U Turns are nice and now I have strong toe muscles because I can barely reach the gas pedal. :bored:

Awakened you have...

Toe, hoe, row, joe, low ,tow, foe, slow...
Get it together! Semper Fi!
SemperFidelis.jpg.cf.jpg

McFeely

Huge Member
On the positive note U Turns are nice and now I have strong toe muscles because I can barely reach the gas pedal. :bored:

You can lower the seats too. Funny because the shorties at my station do this and can reach the pedals but then they can barely see out the windows.

Lateflights

I have been driving the Reach Trk for 3 years now, Is anyone having issues with there Kidney lower left side of there back ? the seats are awful. ( Also the suspension ) Can Isuzu modify the seat so it can have some give ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I imagine Joe Isuzu has likely long since flown the coup. :D

Those were great commercials. Looking at the Isuzus is difficult enough. I've never actually driven one but hear they aren't great. There's a reason that Isuzu no longer sells passenger vehicles here in the US.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I have been driving the Reach Trk for 3 years now, Is anyone having issues with there Kidney lower left side of there back ? the seats are awful. ( Also the suspension ) Can Isuzu modify the seat so it can have some give ?
Drive slower

SmithBarney

Seats suck, rides like crap, launched my drink out of the drink holder last week. U turns are tiny. Mirror placement couldn't be worse. Need to put glass at bottom of passenger door(like UPS) for when the doors are shut.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Seats suck, rides like crap, launched my drink out of the drink holder last week. U turns are tiny. Mirror placement couldn't be worse. Need to put glass at bottom of passenger door(like UPS) for when the doors are shut.
and that's just the stuff you like about the vehicle!

I cant believe noone talked about the sh1tty regeneration problem. If the drivers dont let the truck regen properly or if goes out on us its a 4k new exhaust everytime. I drove one for 2 yrs it wasnt my worst truck but its close to the worst ive driven. I enjoy our ford p550 trucks I drive a 2015 p550 and its got 53k on the clock all repairs were covered under warranty so far.

bacha29

I cant believe noone talked about the sh1tty regeneration problem. If the drivers dont let the truck regen properly or if goes out on us its a 4k new exhaust everytime. I drove one for 2 yrs it wasnt my worst truck but its close to the worst ive driven. I enjoy our ford p550 trucks I drive a 2015 p550 and its got 53k on the clock all repairs were covered under warranty so far.
If you have a P550 with one of those little 4R100 transmissions better make sure you get it flushed regularly. All it is is a pickup transmission that has to work twice as hard to move that heavy step van around. And believe me they don't take kindly to dirty transmission oil that's worn out and can no longer lubricate and dissipate heat.

bbsam

Staff member
I have a 2006 e350 box truck with 370,000 miles on it. Bought it with 16000 miles on it and I've never changed the transmission or the fluid in it. I think it's a 5R110. After a point, if you haven't changed the fluid, don't change it. I've heard this from every mechanic I've used over the years.

bacha29

I have a 2006 e350 box truck with 370,000 miles on it. Bought it with 16000 miles on it and I've never changed the transmission or the fluid in it. I think it's a 5R110. After a point, if you haven't changed the fluid, don't change it. I've heard this from every mechanic I've used over the years.
I had an E350 Quigley 10' mini cube with a 4R100 and 7.3 Powerstroke and pulled a 7000lb GVW tandem axle trailer behind it up and down over very hilly terrain. That power train really had to work. Kept the oil clean It went 462,000 before it went. No sense trying to rebuild it. Put in a factory reman.