it finally comes to this

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The sign up lists are being posted in the event that Louisville is not able to process all of the air in time on the 24th. Operations management key personnel will be working that day. They are looking for volunteers but will force from the bottom up as needed per our contract. The pay rate is triple time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They have signups for delivering air on Christmas. So we know drivers will be forced to work... who's in, who's out?
You make it sound like everybody wants to be where they're going on Xmas.
Some people don't have much going on, some people want an excuse and would rather work then spend time with the in-laws, others are greedy and want the money.
The only people getting screwed by this are management, in my opinion !!!

Some people don't have much going on, some people want an excuse and would rather work then spend time with the in-laws, others are greedy and want the money.
I would go in for a few hours if need be.

Just had that conversation with my wife.
I would work a few hours for $100+ an hour.
We don't do anything for Xmas before noon anyways.

Ghost in the Darkness

I'm sure there may be a few that want the excuse to get out of where they would be going but its a safe bet that most of us don't want to work on Christmas.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The sign up lists are being posted in the event that Louisville is not able to process all of the air in time on the 24th. Operations management key personnel will be working that day. They are looking for volunteers but will force from the bottom up as needed per our contract. The pay rate is triple time.
You can be forced in on Christmas per your contract?

9.5 everyday

They can't force me to do anything on a religious holiday.
Sup: "gonna need you to come in today."
Me: "Christmas is a religious holiday in which we celebrate the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. See you Monday. " click.

clean hairy

Our supplement is only for double time.
Unless you mean the straight time and double time equaling triple time?

10 point

My wife's cousins work for the post office and would always brag "We even work on Christmas Day!" to which I would respond "We get our work done before Christmas".

I'm not responding this year.