it finally comes to this

clean hairy

No grown man or woman can be forced to work any day of the year. If they come to my house to get me I'm betting that my on road team can't get me physically into the car. Js
If you refuse to open your door, they bust it open and drag you kicking and screaming to work?
I really doubt it!

10 point

Tell him they he is lucky if his company breaks even.
-5 billion.

When I was delivering surepost to a huge post office a preppy postal service boy came up to my truck (with his fancy blue sweater and perfect hairdo) and exclaimed "Well I guess it's more efficient for us to deliver these pkgs than for ups to". You know, it was peak season and there were over 1000 pkgs for me to scan, load in carts, and roll inside their building so I wasn't in the mood for stupid. I stopped scanning, looked him in the eye and said " We netted 5 billion last year and you lost 5 billion in the same period so which company is the most efficient?".

He turned and walked back to his overgrown white golf cart with the bipolar eagle pic on the side without speaking further.

They don't have a clue.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The sign up lists are being posted in the event that Louisville is not able to process all of the air in time on the 24th. Operations management key personnel will be working that day. They are looking for volunteers but will force from the bottom up as needed per our contract. The pay rate is triple time.
They can ask for volunteers. They can't force or discipline in the event you say no. This has been covered and won in grievances. If you want to work , go ahead. If you don't, there is nothing ups can do to you for it. You will still have a job that Monday and you won't be in the office.

No BA will ever let it stick and the company knows it.

Scare tactics are just that.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
No grown man or woman can be forced to work any day of the year. If they come to my house to get me I'm betting that my on road team can't get me physically into the car. Js
All I gotta do is put on my macho man tee and its on !! Ding ding
image.jpg

Faceplanted

You guys don't understand what is going on. This is deeper than its working Christmas. It's the erosion of this country due to greed. Capitalism at its finest. It should be illegal to open business on certain holidays just like in certain European counties.... You know the countries where every year polled they have the happiest citizens compared world wide.

Keep letting corporate greed erode your family and this country. It's sad to see this thanksgiving and Christmas Day stuff going, all to keep feeding our lust for crap we don't even need.

You guys who have nothing to do and don't want to be home, how about going to a soup kitchen to volunteer your time, or give a neighbor a hand doing some yard work. That used to be what this time of year was about, now it's just about ipads, tvs, and returning gifts some gave you that your greedy self doesn't want

Last edited:

hyena

You guys don't understand what is going on. This is deeper than its working Christmas. It's the erosion of this country due to greed. Capitalism at its finest. It should be illegal to open business on certain holidays just like in certain European counties.... You know the countries where every year polled they have the happiest citizens compared world wide.

Keep letting corporate greed erode your family and this country. It's sad to see this thanksgiving and Christmas Day stuff going, all to keep feeding our lust for crap we don't even need.

You guys who have nothing to do and don't want to be home, how about going to a soup kitchen to volunteer your time, or give a neighbor a hand doing some yard work. That used to be what this time of year was about, now it's just about ipads, tvs, and returning gifts some gave you that your greedy self doesn't want
does that pay double time plus holiday pay? Lol

10 point

Visiting a nursing home where folks are alone for Christmas, spouses have died, family far away.

Yes. That is the spirit of Christmas.

Thx for that reminder.