It Is A Shame.

DorkHead

I think if UPS required all PT and FT management to drive and deliver for 6 months to a year like they used to do, KidUPS would have a slightly better attitude!!!

New Englander

The contract was agreed upon by management as well. If you guys are the "white knights" why do you continually break the contract when you see fit?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't feed this doushe anymore comments.

For being a PT sup with LITTLE EXPERIENCE, he needs a lot to learn.

Big talkers like this actually become liabilities to Upper Management when they are paying grievances and morale becomes low. He should leave and go manage at McDonalds where employees don't have National Master Contracts and can be fired without going through the proper methods.

KidUPS

How good can an employee be when he always knows there is loopholes to when he wants to come in and slack off?

How good can a company run when employees do nothing but disrespect the company and flaunt Union shirts instead of UPS shirts in the hub?

How can an operation grow when everything you want to teach or train to employees is signed RTS?

As I stated above, not all, but many, too many drag their feet because of loopholes. And its a shame.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
How good can an employee be when he always knows there is loopholes to when he wants to come in and slack off?

How good can a company run when employees do nothing but disrespect the company and flaunt Union shirts instead of UPS shirts in the hub?

How can an operation grow when everything you want to teach or train to employees is signed RTS?

As I stated above, not all, but many, too many drag their feet because of loopholes. And its a shame.

Interesting.....I'd like everyones opinion on the ratio of ups shirts to union shirts......At my hub I see far more ups shirts and only a few teamster shirts

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
..but the few who want to drag their feet at every little corner and expect a full check......

Sometimes its funny when a person accuses another of being a slacker. How do you know that person isn't saying the same thing about you?

I noticed when a person of higher seniority has a bad opinion about you and he shares it with other drivers, its a stigma you have to deal with for years to come.

If when you come in and say you've delivered 265 stops this peak by yourself, other drivers will say "yeah right!) and I was the photographer when Jennifer Aniston took her clothes off.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Not sure where you work but all the hourly people I have worked with all earn every penny they make. Some of us that have been with the company for a long time built it up to what it is today. The only thing UPS provides is service and it is going down hill fast as managemaent micro manages it into the ground. More worried about false numbers than taking care of our customers and growing the business. Just hope someone starts to steer this ship before it crashes. I just love it when some kid gets hired on and puffs up his chest and thinks he is going somewhere. I've seen many come and go and I hope your gone soon with a attitude like that. In the meantime I will bust my chops like the last 30 some years and you can kiss my 30 year driving pin.:cursing: GROW UP

tourists24

Hmmm,,, funny.. At my center we have about 105 drivers. I dont know of any actual "slackers". Sure some are faster than others, but just because you run 2 hours over doesnt mean you arent working hard. Heck, I could run circles around myself when I was 21 compared to now; but I still work as hard to earn my paycheck. Maybe KID you can elaborate on what exactly the slackers are doing to shame the company. What exactly is in the contract that is letting us hide behind it? BTW, it's not disrespecting the company simply by wearing a teamster shirt.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Hey sprout,I'd be willing to bet youve never seen the inside of a pkg car.You probably stare at a computer screen and tell your sup how many drivers are over allowed and have have been brainwashed by him.In my center there are alot of old school drivers complaing about service.Never hear complaints from mgmt unless they're not hidden properly and show up on some report.So do me a favor and run a route for 20 years.When you have to take pain pills and you walk like Igor,let me know who the real slackers are!

New Englander

Having a hard time motivating your crew? Idiot leaders always look somewhere else before they look at themselves.

Kudos!

Channahon

I just can't pass up this thread being in management for 27 years, working with drivers, the union and non union employees.

Let me start to say, my preference has always been to manage a group of union employees, much more than non union. The reason being, although the contract can be vague, a good relationship with the Union and District Labor Manager can and will weed out the "slackers". As both the Union and UPS are businesses, they have their own interests in making both UPS and the Union successful, finacially.

It's also been my experience, that respect is a two way street, with union UPS employees, the union and UPS management. The reality a business perspective needs to be in the forefront for both UPS and the Teamsters. And the employees of UPS and the Teamsters make for successful employees. Successful in the sense we can put our time in, and retire with the benefits we worked for so hard during our careers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
its funny to see 20-21 yr old p/t mangers walking around gun ho and high stepping m thinking there stuff dont stink but in the real world your only making 20,000 a yr..lol

If that. I know P/T sups of 5+ years making 13/hr. No wonder they don't give a damn about the well-being of the company feeding them.

I laugh to myself at anyone in union wearing UPS apparell and carrying around UPS bags, hats, t-shirts, jackets, etc, when they don't have to.

A

anonymous6

kid, You sound like the 24 yr old supe that gave this 54 yr old a hard time about my scuffed up snow boots. I laughed at him and walked away.

supes like you are a dime a dozen. you have to EARN our respect and in my 15 years I have only respected only a handful of our managers.

about 6 months ago , we got a manager that is maybe one in a thousand. he listens and respects the feeder drivers, tries hard to accomodate us and has EARNED most of our respect.

on a bad snow night , we will bust our butts to make service for him because he backs our play. I , for one, don't want to lose this guy.

instead of spouting the company rheteric that you learn in those manager meetings, tie your horse to a older supervisor that the drivers and part timers really listen to and learn something.

maybe then, there will be hope for you.

outta hours

dead_thread.jpg

Nuff said
dead_thread.jpg

dillweed

Oh dear - Who are you to determine who is slacking and who isn't? Are you so powerful as to know every employee's level of strength? Do you really know which employees are doing their best and which are not. Have you, yourself, ever had a bad day when your performance just didn't shine?

Just because everyone isn't able to give you the fabricated numbers you want for that "atta boy" from your boss doesn't make them all slackers. Sometimes you need the 'nads to stand up to your own bosses and stick up for your employees. Make use of your common sense before your leaders suck it out of you and replace it with puppet oil.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Way to go dillweed!! Now the (KID) is going to find out what a lube job is.

Oh dear - Who are you to determine who is slacking and who isn't? Are you so powerful as to know every employee's level of strength? Do you really know which employees are doing their best and which are not. Have you, yourself, ever had a bad day when your performance just didn't shine?

Just because everyone isn't able to give you the fabricated numbers you want for that "atta boy" from your boss doesn't make them all slackers. Sometimes you need the 'nads to stand up to your own bosses and stick up for your employees. Make use of your common sense before your leaders suck it out of you and replace it with puppet oil.

Great! I love it.