It seems I owe an apology...

HBGPreloader

...to all the whiny PC drivers out there who are always complaining about their preloaders.

I overslept today and was an hour + late for my start time. So, management ended up sticking a "new" loader in my area to cover until I arrived.

Well, after 7+ years at UPS, I can finally say now I know what you guys and gals are whining about. And, I apologize for being so hard on you for picking on preloaders.

Holy (CENSORED)! The cars were a disaster - misloads, packages not even close to where they should be, wrong shelves, etc.

Since I was already behind schedule, I fixed what I could. But, I warned my drivers to be prepared for the worse. Fortunately, they deliver early AMs and the volume was ridiculously light today. So, they got back early and fixed what they could.

watdaflock?

Hopefully after arriving a bit late and seeing the disaster the "new" loader began, before touching anything you had a Supervisor also review the "new" loaders work.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
...to all the whiny PC drivers out there who are always complaining about their preloaders.

I overslept today and was an hour + late for my start time. So, management ended up sticking a "new" loader in my area to cover until I arrived.

Well, after 7+ years at UPS, I can finally say now I know what you guys and gals are whining about. And, I apologize for being so hard on you for picking on preloaders.

Holy (CENSORED)! The cars were a disaster - misloads, packages not even close to where they should be, wrong shelves, etc.

Since I was already behind schedule, I fixed what I could. But, I warned my drivers to be prepared for the worse. Fortunately, they deliver early AMs and the volume was ridiculously light today. So, they got back early and fixed what they could.
Welcome to my world.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No biggie, we all do it. At least you slept through it. When I have a bad day he was there but not, (the loader) somehow we survive. You have a tough job, a good one makes ur tough job easier. A bad one makes us $$. Happy Holidays.

laffter

You are a better person than I.

A few days ago I woke up at my start time. I knew I'd be at least an hour late. Given the kind of volume that has been thrown at me lately and that this was on a typically busy day of the week, I decided not to come in at all, rather than deal with the mess I expected upon my arrival.

In the end, I did feel bad, but only for the drivers.

10 point

4 different loaders in 5 days.
I don't stress about it anymore bcuz it's a waste of time and the supes are comatose when relating to our job expectations.

xtelevisionset

You are a better person than I.

A few days ago I woke up at my start time. I knew I'd be at least an hour late. Given the kind of volume that has been thrown at me lately and that this was on a typically busy day of the week, I decided not to come in at all, rather than deal with the mess I expected upon my arrival.

In the end, I did feel bad, but only for the drivers.

Dude I left the building at 11 am today.

Got back at 9

Today was thankfully light. Haven't been able to walk through my truck this whole week.

Stopped for probably 40 minutes today too.

I think 85 stops and 170 miles compared to 125 and 190 miles not including pickups.

Also things went smooth today no parcels fallen to the floor and no misloads.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Yeah every day is the HELLEN KELLER and STEVIE WONDER show live front row tickets for ya lmfao.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

At least you have the class to admit it. Most don't seem to give a crap when they give their driver a bad load.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
In the end its not the preloaders who start the problem. Its the idiot supes who don't train the loaders right and a bogus system that is broken and doesn't work correctly to begin with so their set up for failure from the get go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dude I left the building at 11 am today.

Got back at 9

Today was thankfully light. Haven't been able to walk through my truck this whole week.

Stopped for probably 40 minutes today too.

I think 85 stops and 170 miles compared to 125 and 190 miles not including pickups.

Also things went smooth today no parcels fallen to the floor and no misloads.

It took you 10 hours to deliver 85 stops?

Future

Victory Ride
I respect and admire my preload brothers and sisters, they dont have a easy task ...I am fortunate to have a loader who really cares about what kind of load he puts in a truck and when he is off another trys to fill his shoes in the same manner. Some go to college after there shift others go to another job..some go home to take care of there children etc...not a easy task.....for those who care....thank you !

Future

Victory Ride
4 different loaders in 5 days.
I don't stress about it anymore bcuz it's a waste of time and the supes are comatose when relating to our job expectations.
would never say work off the clock... but if there is a new loader come in a few minutes early and talk to him/her explaining your concerns about how you need your truck loaded.... if you be a human to them they will take a extra step to TRY to meet your requested load expectations.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
And to all you loaders who don't give a crap and just chuck stops into the truck and give garbage loads...lump of coal!!!!!
stock-illustration-7685885-grumpy-santa-claus-making-a-funny-face.jpg

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I feel for the guys on the preload in my building, the work is crammed down at light speed, the sups. only care about speed and not having mis-loads. They don't care how the cars are loaded that does not effect them in the least.
Now if you figure the average driver waste 30 minutes a day digging around that is over 200 dollars a week per driver for a crap load.